- Text Size +
John took a deep breath and finally looked at what was in front of him. Mulder wasn't small in any way, but John knew he could handle taking Mulder into his mouth. After all, he had never had any trouble taking...stop it, he firmly told himself. He was not going to let old memories keep him from enjoying this with Mulder. Parting his mouth slightly, John began to lean forward. As he reached out with his hand to touch Mulder's thigh, he saw that it was shaking. Dammitt, John thought. I can do this. I "want" to do this.

Mulder could feel that John was shaking and it was apparent that he didn't really want to perform oral sex on him. Mulder's brain and cock struggled with each other, and then his brain won and he reached down to pull John to his feet.

"It's okay. We don't have to do that right now. I'd much rather do something else." Mulder tenderly rubbed John's shoulders.

"Honest?"

Mulder nodded, thinking about how this was probably for the best anyway. If John would have gone down on him, then he might not have lasted long enough to be able to take John later. And he wanted that even more.

"You know, I think we need to take care of some of that food before it goes bad." Mulder hoped that thinking about something dumb like that would take John's mind off of what had just happened -- or not happened as the case was.

"Dibs on the M&M's," John grinned back at him.

"I'll race you for them, and," Mulder's eyes twinkled with amusement. "I call dibs on the bananas!"

"Shit." John held Mulder back, then rushed for the table. He had no idea what Mulder thought he was going to do with the bananas, but he most certainly knew that he didn't want to find out if Mulder planned to something besides eating them.

"Oh, no, you don't." Mulder laughed as he dashed to the side, then scrambled over to the bed, certain that he could beat John there. He never saw the champagne bottle on the floor, but his foot certainly didn't miss it. The next thing Mulder knew, his arms were flailing as he lost his footing, and he found himself falling backward, yelling in surprise as landed half on and half off the bed.

"You okay?"

Mulder looked up into John's concerned face, then slowly nodded. "Nothing inured but my pride."

John laughed. "Are you always this smooth, Mulder?"

"I know you don't believe me, but this is not how things usually happen for me." He stuck out his hand. "Help me up."

John grabbed Mulder's hand, but before he could pull Mulder to his feet, he found himself being pulled down onto Mulder's body, landing heavily atop the man and momentarily knocking the breath out of him.

John immediately rolled off Mulder, his face showing his concern. "Oh, God. I'm so sorry. That was an accident. Are you okay? Can you breathe all right?"

Mulder nodded since he didn't have the breath in his lungs to answer John right now. After another few moments, he managed a shaky breath. "You know, when I woke up this morning, I never envisioned that this is how my day would end. Or my life. I've always sort of figured that aliens, or a consortium out for revenge would do me in because I foiled their attempts to take over the earth. How could I have known that all it would take to do me in was a brown-eyed handsome man?" Mulder asked with a grin.

"Shit, I'm sorry. I wasn't expecting you to pull me down or else I would have made sure I didn't land so heavily on you. I thought you wanted to eat."

Mulder nodded a small grin on his face. "I did say that, didn't I? My own fault. Now, roll back this way."

Mulder opened his arms and waited for John to roll back onto his body. It took a few adjustments, but within seconds, the two were perfectly positioned together. The heat from John's skin rekindled Mulder's desire, and he looked up into John's eyes. "I almost forgot that we were in the middle of doing something important," Mulder huskily said. His gaze was dark with desire and John could now feel Mulder's cock pressing against his belly. A reminder of what they had not yet done.

"I was wondering when you'd remember," John softly replied. Their faces came closer and they kissed. John could feel Mulder's hands on his butt, slowly and sensually kneading the muscle. Then one hand dipped lower and John spread his legs, giving Mulder room to do whatever it was he wanted.

"Do you have any requests?" Mulder broke off the kiss to ask.

"Um, do I have to narrow it down to just one?"

Mulder laughed. "No. You can request anything you like. I might not get around to doing all of them, but you can certainly request them."

"Well, that thing you did with your tongue. It was nice. And when you had your fingers...down there...in me...I enjoyed that." John hoped he wasn't blushing. He had been fairly proud of the fact that he had gotten through most of the evening without feeling embarrassed and he didn't want to blow it now.

Mulder rolled over, taking John with him, and then he got off the bed.

"On your stomach, okay?" he said as he looked for more condoms and the lubricant.

John rolled over, remembering to keep his legs apart, hoping that he at least looked as if he knew what he was doing. "Oh, my, God. Mulder..." John gasped as he felt Mulder's tongue on his skin again. John knew he could get very used to this. In a quick repeat of the events of the evening, slick fingers, cold with the lubricant, followed Mulder's tongue as they prepared John for being entered.

Mulder took note of John's body language, and when he was sure that John was relaxed enough to be entered easily, he rolled a condom over his erection, then positioned himself near John's opening, sliding the head of his penis into John as he withdrew his fingers, making a smooth transition. He heard John gasp as his body registered the fact that something larger than two fingers was now imbedded in him. Mulder slowly pushed in, knowing he couldn't rush this. Not this time. If things worked out, well, maybe tomorrow night he could rush things. Mulder grinned at that thought, hoping that John wanted a tomorrow night as much as he did then returned his attention to what he was doing.

John's entire body shuddered as Mulder came to rest fully inside of him. This was incredible and John didn't think it could feel any better. He was wrong, he realized, as Mulder began to pull out and thrust back into him. Oh, sweet Jesus, this was truly better. His body took on a life of its own, as it seemed to instinctively know what to do. His hips bucked back toward Mulder, meeting his thrusts, trying to find some way to get even more of Mulder inside. Wanting Mulder to thrust harder and faster. He heard himself asking for that and felt Mulder oblige him. Felt Mulder's hand on his penis, which was once more hard and stroking him steadily.

He cried out as he came, not caring that his semen was being trapped between his body and the bed. His orgasm rocked his body and yet Mulder never stopped his thrusting during that time. He did increase his rhythm, going in and out, faster and faster until he cried out and slammed in one last time, his own semen spilling out into the condom. Mulder wanted to stay there, buried deep inside of John, but he didn't want to take the risk of anything leaking out of the condom, so he slowly pulled out of John and went to the bathroom to clean up.

When he returned to the bed, John had moved to the other side, a grin on his face. "It's a little messy over there."

Mulder laughed, then crawled into bed, spooning his body around John's and holding him close. "If a messy sheet means that you end up sleeping with me like this, then I'm all for messy sheets."

"Does that mean you want me to stay with you all night?"

"It does. I think the question is whether or not you can."

"I can," John quickly replied. He snuggled back against Mulder, feeling very warm and secure in his embrace. A post-climatic lassitude engulfed him and he yawned. "That was wonderful, Mulder."

Mulder kissed the back of John's neck, grinning. "I'm glad you liked it. Maybe we can try it again in the morning before you have to leave."

"I'd like that." John yawned again.

"Get to sleep." Mulder commanded.

John nodded, then closed his eyes. Within minutes he was asleep.

Mulder lay in the darkness, not feeling a need for a full eight hours of sleep. He could fully function on less and often did. Sometimes, there were things more important than sleeping. Solving a case was one. Laying awake in the darkness, holding John and listening to him breathe was another. Mulder buried his face in John's hair, taking in the unique scent he found there. It was familiar, but he couldn't quite place it. John had said he was a doctor, so maybe it was just a doctor's office smell. Or a hospital. Yeah, that might be it. A hospital smell. Mulder hated hospitals because he hated being sick or hurt. But, he didn't hate the way John smelled. He took another deep breath, then closed his eyes, just intending to savor the moment. But, sleep took him anyway.

*****************************************

Mulder was enjoying himself immensely as he watched John Carter dress. It was surprising how such a simple act could be so pleasant and incredibly erotic at the same time. And it was mildly surprising that he found himself wanting to cross the room and undo all the dressing that John was doing -- pull him back into bed and love him all over again. But, each of them had to get to work, and Mulder had to drive John back to the bar so he could get his Jeep. They had both been dazed by lust last night and neither one of them had given any thought as to how John would leave Mulder's room come morning. So, they were out of bed extra early and in the shower. Which had, of course, ended up with another bout of sex. John had an endless supply of energy as far as sex was concerned, not that Mulder was complaining any. Mulder's smile grew larger as he remembered how John had taken over in the shower, asserting himself as if he had been having this kind of sex for years. He hadn't though, and Mulder was still feeling both awkward and proud of that. He had been John's first, the one that John would always remember, just as Mulder fondly remembered the man who had been his first lover.

"I'm ready to leave when you are," John said as he finished tying his shoes.

"We had better go now then. If it looks like this case will keep me here overnight, do you want to get together again?" Mulder hoped he didn't sound as anxious as he felt as he asked that of John. He was also thinking that if the case didn't keep him in Chicago an extra night, then he would find some other excuse to remain. Anything in order to see John once more.

John nodded. "I'd like that." He pulled out his wallet and retrieved a business card, then wrote the phone number from work on the back before giving the card to Mulder. "Call me as soon as you know what you'll be doing."

"I will." Mulder tucked the card into his shirt pocket, then grabbed his car keys from the dresser. "Ready?"

"Almost." John walked over to Mulder and wrapped his arms around him, then gave him a long and languorous kiss. "Just in case this is goodbye," he shyly said.

Mulder kissed him back. "Let's keep our fingers crossed that this isn't goodbye." They pulled away from each other and headed out the door.


It didn't take long to reach the bar and after John pointed out his Jeep, Mulder parked behind it. "I really liked last night. And this morning. And the shower."

John laughed, "I liked it all, too."

"So, was I right?" Mulder asked with a grin.

"About what?"

"Was I so good that from now on whenever you have sex with another guy, you'll think of me?"

John chewed on his lower lip as he thought about his answer. He hadn't really thought about being with other guys. And he hadn't thought about only ever being with Mulder either. But, he did know that he would never forget Fox Mulder. He nodded. "You were pretty good."

"Pretty good? Enough to keep me in your mind forever?"

"I think I need to get going. I should go home and change clothes before heading for work." John opened the door and stepped out onto the sidewalk. He braced one hand against the roof of the car, then leaned down to look in at Mulder, grinning from ear to ear. "Yeah. You were." Then he stepped back and shut the door. He quickly headed for his Jeep, not trusting himself to look back at Mulder. He knew the man would be smiling and he also knew that his own face was red. But, the sex had been great, and he was in such a good mood over it that he didn't mind the parking ticket that he found under his windshield wiper. He really should have remembered to put more quarters in the parking meter before he left with Mulder, but he hadn't. Oh, well. It wasn't as if he couldn't afford the ticket. And last night was worth it.

Mulder waited until John had driven away before he headed back to the Lakeshore Inn. He had never felt this way the morning after a pick up. But, John Carter obviously wasn't just a one-night stand. Mulder wanted to see him again. Even after this case was over. There certainly would be other opportunities to travel to Chicago -- either on business or vacation. He was due some time off, Skinner kept reminding him about that every other week. Mulder wondered if John had any vacation time? Perhaps they could meet somewhere? Maybe the Caribbean? He could feel himself harden as he thought about having sex with John Carter in the crystal clear waters of the islands. Hell, he was hard merely thinking about John Carter. He parked the car, then headed into the building, passing a few other guests who were early risers. Mulder had just reached his door when Scully exited her room.

"Good morning," he cheerfully greeted her.

"Good morning. Are you coming or going?" she asked.

He grinned wickedly. "Does it really matter? Are you ready for breakfast?"

"Sure. Feel up to checking out the restaurant here?"

"Of course. Lead the way, Scully." He bowed to her and she laughed as she walked past him toward the elevators.

Once inside the restaurant, they were immediately seated. The breakfast menu was large and it took a few minutes for Mulder to decide what he wanted to eat. But, that also had something to do with the fact that he couldn't get John out of his mind. Finally, he opted for juice, eggs, bacon and pancakes. And strong coffee. Scully wimped out with a fruit plate, juice and coffee.

As the waitress left to get their coffee, Scully pulled out the notes from the Thielen case and began to discuss it with him. At least she tried to. She could tell something...or someone distracted him. So, she kept her thoughts to herself and merely gave him the facts, pausing only long enough to eat.

Breakfast was half over and Mulder was still unable to push John to the back of his mind and give Scully his full attention. She was telling him the suspects that had been in Morgan's notes, but he was finding it difficult to care. And then one name caught his attention.

"Wait a minute, did you say Branch Carter?" That could be a wild coincidence, he thought. Then he mentally kicked himself. Right. How many men were running around Chicago with the name of Branch Carter?

"Branch Carter was one of the suspects. He's a brother of Emily Carter Thielen, the victim's wife. Another suspect, also a family member, was Roland Carter. Both men were suspected because Thielen had sexually molested their sons, although they didn't know it until recently. Or so they claimed."

"And the sons?" Mulder asked, a growing dread enveloping him.

"They weren't considered suspects. Branch's son, Chase Carter, suffered brain damage as a result of a heroin overdose and is in a nursing home. Roland's living son, John Carter, is a doctor working in the emergency room of County General. He was working at the time Thielen was shot. The irony here is that Thielen was taken to that hospital and Doctor Carter was one of the physicians working on him."

"But, he wasn't a suspect?" Please God don't let John be a suspect, Mulder silently begged.

Scully shook her head. "No. At the time when Thielen was shot, he was on his way to work with Kerry Weaver, his landlady. She's also a doctor at the hospital and one of his supervisors. Mulder, are you all right? You don't look so well," she gently commented.

Mulder shook his head. "No, I don't feel so well right now. Damn." This was certainly going to complicate matters in a big way. Last night had been wonderful, despite John's hesitance at the idea of oral sex, and this morning had been even better, with John awaking him with his kisses. And now Mulder was beginning to fear that the last man John had engaged with oral sex with had been Joseph Thielen. It was one thing for him to know from John's own admission that he had involved in a non-consensual sexual relationship and quite another thing to now know that John had been abused as a child. Joseph Thielen had morphed from being a possible murder victim to a God forsaken bastard.

"Mulder? What is it? What's wrong?"

He looked up at her, touched by the concern so evident in her eyes. He loved her so much, but only as a good friend. Hell, he needed a good friend right now, no doubt about it. He looked around, making sure that no one else was near their booth. "I was with John Carter last night."

Scully blinked slowly. "You were with John Carter last night," she repeated. Then she leaned back in her seat. "Well, that certainly answers a lot of my questions. Oh, Mulder." She looked at him, sadness in her eyes.

"What am I going to say to him, Scully? I had no idea that he was involved in this case. He's going to have a fit when we show up to interview him."

"Do you have his phone number? You could call him and explain things to him."

Mulder shook his head. "I do have it. I told him I would call him if it looked as if I would be staying in Chicago for a few days. But, he had to be to work by seven this morning."

"We know where he works, Mulder," she gently said, a smile playing at her lips as she watched his obvious discomfiture at finding out his most recent lover was involved with a case he was investigating. It was interesting to see Mulder on the hot seat.

"Right. He gave me his card."

"Then call him. Unless of course, you don't ever want to see him again."

Mulder ignored her last sentence as he fished around in his pocket for change. "I'll call now."

"Mulder, take a moment and get yourself together. I don't think you should call him from a phone booth in a diner, do you?"

He looked at her, then realized that he was acting like a lovesick puppy. Despite his fantasies, John was just supposed to have been a one night or one trip stand, no more. So, why did he care what John Carter thought? He wished he had an answer to that question. But, he knew she was right. He couldn't have that conversation here in the diner. He would have to go back to his room and call from there.

"I'll handle the check," Scully offered. "Go and call him."

"Thanks." He dashed out of the diner and to his room. He couldn't get the door opened fast enough and once inside, he sat down on the bed so hard that he bounced. That brought back memories from just a few hours ago. Once John was sure he was awake, he had been quite insistent that they have sex again. A good night's sleep gave both of them a lot of energy and they ended up in some positions that Mulder didn't think he had ever tried before. And then there had been their shower. He smiled as he remembered that bout of sex, but his smile faded as he dialed the number John had given him, then prayed that John wasn't in the middle of an exam.

"County General Emergency Room, how may I help you?" a deep male voice answered.

"May I speak with Doctor John Carter?"

"One moment." Mulder expected to be put on hold, but instead he could hear the man yelling for John. He could hear several conversations going on in the background and then John was on the line.

"John Carter. How can I help you?"

Mulder grinned as he heard that voice. "You can tell me that last night was as much fun for you as it was for me."

"Mulder? Are you calling because you have an answer already? Will you be staying?"

"I'll be staying at least one more night, John. Maybe more. But, that's not why I'm calling." Mulder suddenly went serious. "Last night, I told you that my partner and I were sent here to investigate an unusual case."

"I remember."

"Well, while I went out, my partner was reading over notes from the case we were sent to investigate. John, there's no easy way to say this. We were sent to investigate the death of Joseph Thielen. I swear that last night I had no idea that the man was your uncle. I didn't find that out until this morning."

"Why are you doing this? The police closed the case and ruled it a suicide. It's over."

"It's not over, John. I think it's pretty obvious that someone murdered your uncle.""

"Please let it go."

Mulder felt his insides tighten as he heard the desperate plea in John's voice.

"I can't do that, John. My partner and I have to write our own report. We'll be interviewing people and...hello? John? Hello?" Feeling like pond scum, Mulder hung up as he realized that John had hung up on him.

"Shit," he muttered, resting his head in his hands as he pondered what to do next.

To be continued...