- Text Size +
Brandon ushered Abby into the back seat of John's Jeep as he coaxed Veronica into the front. Meanwhile, John opened up the back and was putting his and Abby's bags inside. While John drove to the hotel, he handed Veronica a small piece of folded paper and smiled mischievously at her.



Veronica waited until Brandon and Abby became self-involved before discreetly reading John's note, sensing that it was something that John wanted only her to know of. John had made a special request for the evening and was asking her help in formulating his plan. He also had given her a couple of phone numbers to help her in finding proper attire.



John was looking forward to the evening. Even after his little temper tantrum earlier, he had promised himself that if Veronica could help with this secret plan of his, all would be well, but couldn't help feeling a bit jealous as he adjusted the mirror so that he could steal a glance at Abby as she made out with Brandon in the back-seat. John could hear her soft moans as Brandon kissed her along her neck and nibbled lightly at her ear. Veronica stroked John's thigh as she smiled in his direction, making it difficult for him to concentrate on the road. He was getting aroused, but it was coming from Abby's moans and not what Veronica was doing with her hands.



As John continued to watch them, he once again felt the pang of jealousy well up inside him, as he thought about how casually Abby had defiled 'his' bed with Veronica and now she seemed to think nothing of defiling 'his' Jeep with Brandon. The longer he watched, he could not help but feel somehow betrayed by all of this. He couldn't understand why he felt this way and why everything that was happening was bothering him so much.



By the time he arrived at the hotel, he was wishing that he had just opted to stay home.



Brandon and Veronica made their way quickly into the bedroom, leaving John and Abby alone in the living area together.



Veronica pulled her husband into the shower and began scrubbing his back.

"Do you think that we are doing the right thing?" Brandon asked her. He was beginning to feel as though it would have been better for John and Abby if they had just left well enough alone.



"Honey, I don't think that John knows how to tell Abby, and Abby certainly does not have any intentions of admitting her feelings toward John."



"But, I saw the looks he was giving us, and I'm not comfortable with making him feel bad or uneasy."



"Brandon, Darling, you did have your tongue stuck down her throat." She laughed. "Don't worry, Dear. Think of this as 'tough love'." Veronica reassured him.



"But Roni, how is he going to trust us if he feels betrayed?"



"Trust me, Brandon, this is the only way that John will allow himself to get this close to her." Veronica pulled Brandon in for a deep and passionate kiss feeling along his length as he swelled against her manipulations.



Brandon chuckled playfully as he pulled back, taking her hands and placing them on his hips as he held her in a warm embrace. "Then, I think we should save it for our guests," he smiled and pressed his lips against hers. "And I don't think that we should make them wait too long," Brandon said as he poured some shampoo into his hand and vigorously scrubbed his long hair.

~~~~~~~~~~



John sat on the couch, eyeing Abby as she strolled quietly around the room. She had pulled the drapes opened to find behind them a sliding glass door that led out onto a balcony. Stepping outside into the chilly morning air, she wrapped her arms around her body as she leaned over the rail, watching the busy city street below. She was only there for a few minutes when the cold breeze was more than she could bear.



She quickly stepped inside, closing the door behind her, shivering for a moment.



"Damn, it's getting cold out there." She found herself sitting down next to John, and leaning against him, her body begging for the warmth that it needed.



John wrapped his arms tenderly around her and drew her near as he brushed a stray lock of hair away from her face. He held her for a moment not saying a word, no smile, no emotion whatsoever, just simply holding her. He closed his eyes and leaned back allowing her to snuggle up beside him. It felt good, almost too good. How could she still think that they could only be friends? What was wrong with him that he could not tell her how he felt? He wanted so badly to kiss her at this very moment, the way he had seen her kissing Brandon. 'His' Brandon. How could she do that to him? How could Brandon do that too him and Veronica also, for that matter? With all the things that were going on inside of him, he still could not find it in himself to push her away. He didn't want to. He wanted to find a way to pull her near, pull her inside of his very being, make her one with him, he just didn't know how.

~~~~~~~~~~



Brandon and Veronica dressed casually and went to join John and Abby.



"Well, would you take a look at this," Brandon snickered as he pulled Veronica in front of him leaning against her shoulder.



"Do you think that maybe we should let them sleep for a while?" Veronica cooed as she turned to kiss her husband.



"I think I'm just going to call room service," Brandon chuckled. "I'm starving," he added as he headed for the phone and ordered breakfast.



"What do you want, Roni?" Brandon asked, still giggling as he watched his sleeping guests. John was lying on the couch with Abby snuggled up on the inside with her head on his chest, their fingers entwined together.



Veronica took the phone from him and placed her order.



"I ordered plenty of extra in case they wake up anytime soon," Brandon whispered as he heard Veronica ordering.



"And coffee, lots of coffee," she added before hanging up.



Brandon and Veronica sat at the small dining table and talked quietly as they waited for breakfast.



"Do you think maybe they have figured it out all ready," Brandon asked, sounding a bit too hopeful.



"I doubt it, this is probably the norm for them," Veronica answered in a very low voice. "This seems to be as intimate as they will allow themselves to get."



Brandon just shook his head in disbelief, he just could not imagine what it would be like to be so close to the one he loved and not be able to express his desires for her.



Veronica smiled as she watched Brandon across the table from her. He was alternating between keeping a watchful eye on the sleeping couple and stealing glances her way. Brandon smiled sheepishly at Veronica when he realized that she knew that he was admiring her. She knew how worried he had been and still was in regards to John.



She reached out her hand and placed it on his. "Honey, we just have to believe that everything is going to work out."



"I hope so," Brandon sighed doubtfully. The two sat silently for a moment as Brandon took Veronica's hand and placed it against his lips. "I'm so lucky to have you, Love." He whispered sweetly, "I do love you."



"I love…" A loud knocking on the door suddenly interrupted them. Veronica jumped suddenly and giggled at the thought of being so entranced by the moment that the sudden noise had startled her.



She got up quickly and went to the door, hoping that it hadn't awakened their guests. She opened the door to let in the bellboy and softly asked him to try to be very quiet. He raised an eyebrow at the couple sprawled out on the sofa as he went about his business of bringing the buffet cart in and unloaded it onto the table.



Abby stirred groggily as she realized where she was. She slowly extricated herself from John, hoping not to wake him. Veronica held out her hand to help her to her feet.



"God, I'm sorry, " Abby whispered as she checked her watch and found that it was already late morning. She had been asleep for about 45 minutes. Veronica graciously escorted her towards the table.



"Not a problem," Brandon whispered as he watched John snuggle against the couch. "I guess he wasn't kidding when he said he had been up for nearly three days straight."



"With only a few catnap here and there, yeah," Abby confirmed.



Brandon poured Abby a cup of coffee, and pulled out a chair on the opposite side of the table for her to join them. She sat in the chair, where she had a perfect view of John as he remained sleeping. Brandon fixed his plate and invited the girls to do the same. He had not eaten since late the night before, when he and John had stopped at an all-night diner on their way to John's apartment. Brandon was famished and had no intentions of waiting for the girls if they intended on dawdling.



Veronica was flipping through her wallet looking for the business cards of a couple well known boutiques and a day spa with a salon where she was calling to make appointments for her and Abby. Finding the note from John that she had tucked away, she made one last phone call.



"Better eat something, Hon," Brandon suggested as he watch Abby sitting there sipping coffee with her eyes transfixed on John. "Sounds like Roni has a big day planned for the two of you."



"Did you guys have anything planned? Like on your own, without us?" Abby asked. She sort of felt bad for Brandon that John was spending all of his time sleeping, but on the other hand, she was glad that he was getting the needed rest. She knew too well how cranky he could be when he couldn't sleep when he needed too.



Abby was really looking forward to the evening. She hadn't seen John in his tux since the charity event at the history museum, well over a year ago. Although, she did remember how absolutely delicious he looked in that black suit that he wore to his grandfathers funeral. And of course not to mention that absolutely fabulous outfit that she had helped him pick out for that charity auction at the hospital. John really looked handsome when he was dressed up and she was looking forward to seeing him like that again.



Abby had finally helped herself to a bowl of fruit and a bagel as Brandon explained that he hadn't made any specific plans. He wanted John to feel free to do what ever he wanted. After all, these were his days off and if sleep was what he needed then that was fine with him.

~~~~~~~~~~



Veronica and Abby had finished their breakfast. After giving Brandon a kiss good-bye, they headed out to start their day.



Brandon wandered around the room straightening up and putting away various items that were scattered about as he watched John, still sleeping peacefully. Finding a small box of plastic baggies in a cupboard, he put away the bagels and muffins that had come with breakfast and placed the coffee urn on the counter to save. The room had a small kitchenette with a microwave and he figured it couldn't be any worse than the mud that John was used to drinking at the hospital. Tossing out the remainder of breakfast except the assortment of fruits, he decided to go into the room and read for a while.



It was early afternoon when John was suddenly awaken by the call of nature. Sitting up and looking around, it took him a while to orientate himself to his surroundings. It was so quiet without a soul around. The last thing he remembered was Abby checking out the balcony and coming back in, freezing to death and curling up with him on the couch. He smiled as he thought of how easily they relaxed into each others arms.



He rose from the couch and went into the bedroom to use the bathroom. He was mildly surprised to see Brandon stretched out on the bed, with a book lying on his chest, sound asleep. After using the facilities, he came out and curled up next to Brandon. John spooned his long body along side Brandon's and ran his hand up along his thigh. Getting no response from the sleeping man, he settled his hand across his chest and relaxed his head against his shoulder. He was just about comfortable enough to fall back to sleep when his stomach reminded him that he hadn't eaten for over 14 hours. He was actually beginning to get a headache from the lack of food.



"Brandon," John called as he leaned towards him, "Bran...don..."



"Hey, Baby," Brandon replied. John's face looked so peaceful and tender that Brandon couldn't help himself. He rolled over and wrapped his arms around John, pulling him closer. He began to kiss John, but even though he didn't pull back, Brandon could tell that there was something different about the way John was responding. He just was not as 'hungry' as he normally was.



"Something wrong?" Brandon asked, brushing his palm against John's cheek.



"Yeah, I'm starved, I was wondering if you wanted to go with me to get something to eat?" John asked. He figured that Brandon probably already ate by now but he really wanted the company.


"We ordered breakfast while you were sleeping. There is some fruit and some bagels left." Brandon suggested. John shook his head.



"I'd rather go someplace. I need to wake up. Can we just go someplace?" John asked, his eyes pleading.



"Oh, yeah, sure," he got up. "Where do you want to go?" Brandon asked, putting on his shoes.



"Just somewhere close, downstairs is fine." John answered as he rubbed at his forehead.



John and Brandon headed downstairs to the coffee shop. John didn't even bother with the menu as he rattled off his order the moment the young waitress approached the table.



"Did you want anything?" John turned his attention towards Brandon.



"Oh, no, just coffee, please." Brandon winked in her direction.



John ate a rather hearty breakfast even though it was past noon.



"Did you have any idea as to what you want to do today?" Brandon asked as he watched John eating.



"Not really, I suppose we could go out to the gym and play some basketball." John sat back with his coffee, finally beginning to feel satisfied.



After John had finished his meal they went back to the room after his keys and their jackets. John told Brandon that the gym had a locker room and just bring something to play in. He grabbed a pair of sweat shorts and a sleeveless sweat shirt and quickly changed into tennis shoes.



John drove to a private gym close to where he and Abby lived. The place wasn't fancy but it was big and had an indoor basketball court. As they entered the court, there were several young college aged kids playing a rather heated game. John and Brandon stood back wondering whether or not to join them when a young lad tossed the basketball to Brandon and shouted in his direction.



"Hey, Pops, think you can keep up?"



Brandon caught the ball and dribbled it quickly in the direction of the lad, avoiding another trying to block his path.



"Pops, huh? Think I'm too old to take you on?" Brandon smirked playfully as he stood face-to-face, still dribbling the ball. He suddenly stretched his tall frame and sent the ball sailing into the air, straight into the basket from just outside the key.



By now, John was in position directly under the basket and before the rest of the kids even noticed what had just happened he had the ball and ran out of bounds with it. He whistled at a kid standing near by to throw the ball back into play. The kid swiflty pick up on his move and was halfway down the opposite end of the court before anyone knew where the ball was. Once again the ball was sunk and the score remained tied.



The game continued for another 15 minute until a timer rang and the score stood at 34 to 36, Brandon's group in the lead where he had scored the team another two points. Someone called time and they broke up, the first kid approached Brandon and offered his hand.



"Max, you play pretty well for an old man,"he smiled.



"Brandon, thanks, I think." Brandon shook Max's hand. "This is John," he introduce them.



Max began to introduce some of the other guys. He offered them some water as they engaged in some light conversation.



"Do you come here often?" Max asked, looking at John.



"I usually stick to light weights and the whirlpool and I swim laps," John grinned.



Max nodded, "And you?" He asked Brandon



"Oh, I'm just a guest in your windy city, I'm from upstate New York."



"Are you girls going to play or gossip?" Tim called as he tossed the ball towards Max.



The game quickly resummed and continued for about another hour with only a couple brief breaks. After the game broke up, Brandon and John decide to go take a swim. After several long laps, John pulled himself out of the pool and wrapped a towel around himself. He lay down on the bleacher looking like he was going to fall asleep.



"John are you ready to go?" Brandon sat nearby leaning towards him.

John yawned as he sat up.



"Come on, I'll drive. We can go back to the hotel and you can get a nap before the ladies return." Brandon asked as he helped John to his feet. They quickly changed and Brandon drove back to the hotel.

~~~~~~~~~~



Once inside the hotel room, John headed for the kitchenette looking for something to drink. After getting a glass of water he noticed the carafe of cold coffee on the counter.



"This todays?" John asked, holding it up towards Brandon.



"Yeah, from this morning. I can order some fresh if you'd like," he offered.



"No, this'll be fine." He poured a cup and heated it in the microwave.



John sat at the table and sipped the hot mud as he tried to revive himself.



"Come on, we still have plenty of time for you to get a nap," Brandon commented as he dumped the rest of the old coffee.



He leaned down as he brought his lips towards John's. John pulled back and took another gulp of the hot drink. Brandon just watched him for a minute and turned towards the room.



"Well, I'm going to go lie down for a while, suit yourself." Brandon was becoming very frustrated with John's moods. One minute he seemed fine and the next he seemed to want nothing to do with anyone.



John sat at the table for a few minutes. Brandon had gone into the room and left the door open. From where he was sitting he could see Brandon clearly. He began to think about how ridiculous he was acting. He knew that the lack of sleep was not allowing him to think clearly. He was glad that Brandon and Veronica had come and so far, he was trying to have fun. He was also looking forward to tonight and yet he was really very tired again. These few hour catnaps just weren't getting it and neither was this bitter crap that he had insisted on trying to pour down himself. He finally got up and went in and joined Brandon on the bed.



"Hey, Baby, I was hoping you would change your mind," Brandon smiled as he rolled over lying along side John.



John felt himself beginning to respond as Brandon moved closer and began whispering dirty thoughts in his ear.



"Baby, I am sooo hard I ache. Can you help me out here?" Brandon cooed.



John found himself sliding his hand under Brandon's shirt as he raised up to take it off. John sat up and did the same. Standing up to take off his shoes, pants and boxers, he turned around to find Brandon doing the same. Brandon pulled back the covers and lay on the opened bed, begging John to come closer.



Brandon and John's lips met as they lost themselves in a deep and passionate kiss. John eagerly pressed his swollen groin against Brandon's hard body, grinding himself against him. Brandon swept his mouth along John's jawline and worked down his neck. Wiggling down toward John's chest, Brandon lavished attention on John's nipples until he began to squirm wildly under his touch.



"God, Brandon, please," he shoved his head towards his groin. Brandon laughed moving back up to John's mouth.



John pulled away and rolled himself onto Brandon straddling him, getting a burst of loud laughter from Brandon. John suddenly became angry, feeling like Brandon was laughing at him, he pulled himself off the bed and went into the bathroom slamming the door violently behind him.



John leaned against the wall and slowly slumped to the floor. 'He was laughing at you John, he doesn't care about you, he's only using you, you'll always be alone, John.' The voices continued to taunt him as he sat on the cold tile.



Brandon quickly got up and found John sitting on the floor with his knees against his chest and his head in his hands. He sat on the floor next to him.



"John?" Brandon sighed. "I'm sorry, I......."



"You what.....?" John snapped back, pulling himself up and walking out. He sat on the edge of the bed, not feeling like getting dressed but not wanting to just sit there in his birthday suit either. He lay down and curled up under the sheet.



Brandon slipped under the covers behind him and kissed his shoulders. "John, I'm sorry, truly I am. He draped his arm over John's body and held him close.



'Why was it so hard to believe that anyone could truly care for him?' John thought as he took hold of Brandon's hand. John and Brandon lay silently together until they both soon fell asleep.



To be continued…………