- Text Size +
Dijana ushered John and Abby into Nick's room and told them to make themselves comfortable. John sat in one of the large beanbags with Abby in his lap. He wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly against his chest.



"We really need to get one of these for the balcony." John whispered sweetly making Abby giggle as she remembered their last little rendezvous on the balcony. It seemed like ages since she had been with John and couldn't keep her hands off of him.



Dijana couldn't help but notice the eternal smile and sated glow that each of them had.



"I hate to separate the two of you, but I think that it's necessary." Dijana snickered. "Abby, you can pull up another beanbag as close to John as you like but sitting in his lap is a bit distracting." She said as she went through her notes that she had made for this meeting.



Abby gave a playful frown as John pushed her to her feet and she pulled another beanbag close to his and sat back down. "I bet there's even enough room for two of these out there." She spoke softly as they waited for Dijana to get started.



"John, Abby tells me that you went to Oklahoma with her the last time that her mother went off her meds and you helped her bring her mother back to Chicago. Is that correct?" Dijana asked. Abby stared blankly at her wondering what this all had to do with them.



"Uh...yeah. Maggie won't fly so we had to drive her back." John answered.



"At the time Abby was dating Luka?" Dijana asked watching both of their reactions.



"Yes, but Luka had his own ideas of how things should be handled and I felt that Abby knew her mother and what she needed better than anyone. Whether she was right or wrong I felt it was her choice to make and I offered to help." He explained.



"Do you think that her choice was wrong?" Dijana inquired.



"Not really. I think Luka thought it was but I think that Abby just wanted to do whatever she could to help Maggie. I can't really say that it was a matter of right or wrong choices."



"How did Luka feel about John going with you? Did he know about this arrangement?" Dijana addressed Abby.



"Of course he knew. I wouldn't have done something like that behind his back. He was upset about it, mainly because it was John." Abby looked at him and smiled. "I guess Luka's known for a lot longer than we have that there was more between us than just friendship," she added.



"John, you said that it hasn't been all that long ago since you and Luka were at each others throats. Did you ever actually physically fight with one another?" Dijana looked puzzled as the two of them sat snickering.



"Not exactly," John ran his fingers through his hair remembering how stupid he had been. "We...uh..."



"They had a sword fight and John cut Luka's side and Luka cut John's cheek, they were both being pretty childish, but I think they finally got it out of their systems." Abby offered her side of the story.



"A sword fight? With a real sword?" Dijana's jaw dropped in shock.



"Yeah, we were fencing. It's really sort of embarrassing 'cause I've never been much of a fighter." John added. "I just let my temper get the better of me."



"But now you are all friends?" Dijana asked.



"Yeah, I guess so." John stated as he looked at Abby and smiled. Abby placed her hand on his thigh as he placed his hand over hers.



"You guess so? You don't know?" She looked at John, confused at his uncertainty.



"Dijana, I trust Luka as a doctor and I've known him long enough to know that he's an honest person and Abby is still friends with him. Kerry was the one that called him to come and help her when I was at her house the morning I ended up here. He was the one that told me about this place and told me that he had been here himself. As far as friends go, I don't know. I have no reason to think that we can't be. He's been very supportive and helpful and I'm glad that he's been there for Abby when I wasn't able too. I just have never really had the chance to get to know him beyond all this recent stuff. I'm sure that he'll be a good friend once we get to know each other better." John explained.



"Okay, moving along here. I'm going to ask you a couple of rather personal questions here. I know that it's not something that you like to talk about John, but it's important. It doesn't take a genius to know what you two did during your walk. How'd that go? I mean any side effects from the meds you're on?" Dijana wasn't trying to embarrass him.



"Fine, just fine." John blushed as he leaned back against the cushion and stared at the ceiling turning a dozen shades of red.



"Just fine...huh?" Abby socked him in the arm playfully. "It was wonderful." She sat up and spoke openly to Dijana. The twinkle in her eye said more that her words. John sat shaking his head as he covered his eyes.



"John, I know how important it is to the male ego to have everything working properly. We don't usually condone that sort of behavior here on the grounds but I'm glad that you had the opportunity for that little exploration. I'm sure that knowing that everything is okay in that area is a big weight off your shoulders." Dijana claimed.



"Please, do we have to talk about this right now?" John was beginning to squirm uncomfortably.



"Abby, is he this bashful in the bedroom?" Dijana asked as if John wasn't present.



"No, actually he's not. He's very uninhibited and pretty creative, also." Abby stroked his arm where she had punched him. "John doesn't have any problems talking openly to me about his needs and desires. He's just from the 'old school' that you don't 'kiss and tell' and that's why he doesn't like discussing what goes on behind closed doors. I think it's charming." Abby grinned making John blush even deeper.



"Well, that's good to hear." Dijana smiled. "John, do you think you're ready for a night away from here?"



"What?" John shot up sitting forward. He wasn't sure that he had heard her correctly.



"I asked you if you felt like getting out of here for a while? I was thinking that since Luka has come all this way to bring Abby out here to see you that the four of us could go out to dinner. I would like the opportunity to see you in a less clinical atmosphere. Then you can go ahead and take Abby on home yourself. But I expect you back here by dinner time tomorrow night."



"Hell, yeah, that sounds like a great idea. Do I have time to change my clothes?" John stood and helped Abby to her feet.



"What's wrong with what you have on, John, it's not like we're going anywhere fancy? That steak house we went to last week was great and you're dressed fine for that place." Abby was eager to leave.



"Abby, I don't want to go to dinner in sweats. I'll just put on a pair of jeans and be right down."



"Sure, we can wait for you in the front lobby with Luka." Dijana also stood.



"Dijana, would it be okay for me to go with John and freshen up a bit?" Abby blushed slightly as she tucked a loose lock behind her ear. She really didn't want to leave his side.



"I suppose that would be okay, just remember that there are surveillance cameras everywhere." Dijana grinned.



"Oh, and John, they are in the stables as well," Dijana giggled as she waited for his reaction.



"What? Oh my God, see I told you, Abby, we shouldn't have done that here." John looked mortified at the idea that he had been watched.



"Chill, John, but you're lucky that Mike was on early this afternoon because he turned off the monitors and ejected the tapes so it couldn't be recorded. If it had been Hank, he would have had the entire staff in there." Dijana kidded.



"We'll be right down." John said, not wanting this conversation to continue any longer. He took Abby's hand and pulled her towards the stairs.



"So, do you have a roommate?" Abby asked, following John quickly up the stairs.



"Nope. I've had a room to myself this whole time." He said.



"So, are the rooms coed?" Abby asked, curious because she was sure she'd seen plenty of women around.



"Oh, no. The women stay down the left hall and the guys are down the right. We're not even allowed to be in our room without special permission and never coed. No, they keep things very neutral here, I guess because so many of the patients have issues with abuse." He explained.



"Then I should feel honored." Abby cooed, placing her hands on John's hips from behind.



"That you should." He smiled, opening his door. "Home sweet home. Come on in." He said, going for his closet. John pulled out a dress shirt and tossed it on the bed as he removed his T-shirt.



"Come here." Abby pulled him back by the hand and into an embrace. Their lips met as she wrapped her hands behind his neck.



John moaned as he felt her body press up against his. Her tongue slid into his mouth as he pressed the small of her back against him, relishing in the feeling of her small frame fitting like it was made for his.



"Abby, please, they can't remove all the tapes." John protested as he kissed down her neck.



"Then stop kissing me." She mumbled, running her fingers through his hair, pushing his head towards her breast.



"I need to," he mumbled, finding her breast with his mouth through her shirt.



"Oh, John," she moaned. "You really do need to stop." She finally managed to pull away.



"You are so beautiful." He smiled.



"And you get me all to yourself until tomorrow. I happen to be off and we should have no interruptions at all." Abby purred. "Get dressed. I want to see you try and button your jeans over that erection." She snickered.



John looked down at himself. "Oh, I'm so glad your back." He patted the front of his sweatpants as he found a pair of loose fitting jeans.



~~~~~~~~~~~~



Luka and Dijana pulled into the restaurant parking lot with Abby and John pulling up behind them in the jeep. Abby had been touching John non-stop as he drove, whispering all the things she wanted to do to him once she got him home and John was more than a bit interested.



"So, I guess we should join them, huh?" Abby smiled, her hand playing with John's ear as they watched Luka holding the car door for Dijana.



"I think they'll miss us if we don't." John said, giving her a soft kiss. "Besides, now that the plumbing is working again, I need the time to recover. I did tell you how good that felt, didn't I?" He smiled.



"Once or twice. It was pretty good on my end as well." She replied, running her finger along his jaw line.



"Okay, let's get this over with so we can get home sooner." John said, sighing loudly and pulling himself away. Abby giggled.



"We were wondering if you two were going to join us." Dijana teased.



Luka held the door open for the group. He smiled at Abby as she passed. It was nice to she her so happy.



They were led to a table by a window with a beautiful view of the countryside.



"John, why don't you have a seat over here, next to me." Dijana motioned, seating Abby and John across from one another rather than next to each other. Luka smirked.



Once they placed their drink order, they began checking over the menu.



"Does anything look good?" Luka asked.



"I can see one or two things." John smiled, looking over the top of his menu at Abby.



"So, Luka, John and Abby told me you two actually got into a sword fight." Dijana teased.



Luka chuckled. "We did. We got a bit carried away."



"I heard that also." Dijana giggled.



"I just wish that whole day would just go away." John shook his head.



"It was kind of a different way to spend a Saturday." Abby snickered.



"That's for sure." Luka smiled.



Their drinks arrived and John quickly took a sip of his iced tea. He sat listening intently to some story that Dijana was sharing.



Luka leaned over to Abby. "You have that look," he whispered.



"What look?" Abby asked, looking embarrassed, playing with her hair.



"Your face." Luka motioned around his face. "You look all dreamy. Did you two do a bit more on your walk than walk?" He asked, teasing her.



Abby was seriously blushing. "Uh, maybe."



"You do know there are security cameras all around that place." Luka asked, eyebrows rose.



Abby giggled. "Dijana told us. She said someone named Mike popped the tape out once they realized what we were doing."



"And it worked? I mean... he's not having problems with his medication anymore?" Luka asked. Abby smirked at him.



"Since when did you get concerned about John?" She asked.



Luka glanced at John and Dijana talking quietly. "I'm not sure. Probably when I realized we weren't that different. Or when you finally admitted you were in love with him. I just want the best for you, Abby. I do care about you."



"I know you do." Abby blushed.



"So, John," Luka asked. "Dijana tells me you spend much of your time in the stables." He teased. John looked at Abby who giggled.



"She did?" John asked, trying to figure out what Luka was referring to.



"Horses? She says you ride as often as you can." Luka let him off the hook.



John nodded, feeling relief. "Yes, actually I do. I had a horse during boarding school and my family has a riding stable. Do you ride?"



"In my country, I rode all the time but in Chicago, I am not aware of any place to ride." Luka admitted.



"Maybe John can take you to his family's stable when we get back home some time." Abby suggested. Both John and Luka looked at her surprised.



"Abby, I don't think John's idea of a relaxing afternoon would be spending time with me." Luka chuckled.



"I don't know." John said. "It may not be that far fetched of an idea after all this. I mean, maybe we should get to know each other better."



"Do you play pool?" Luka asked.



"Do I? You've got yourself a challenge when I get out of the Center." John laughed.



"Oh, God, next thing they'll be playing basketball every Saturday." Abby joked with Dijana, who was watching the whole relationship exchange with amusement.



"That's a great idea. Do you know how to play, Luka?" John asked, thinking maybe it was about time he put his ego aside and got to know his coworker. He'd really never taken the time before and Luka had been there for him during this entire ordeal.



"Oh, the testosterone levels in here are rising." Abby groaned.



"John needs a male friend." Dijana whispered.



"I know but my ex? I'm so used to them hating each other that I'm not sure how to deal with them being friends." Abby explained.



Their food was brought to the table and they all began eating, talking lightly as they ate. John and Abby were again beginning their glances, Abby doing what she could to keep John's attentions during the meal.



"Abby," Luka leaned over to whisper to her.



"What?" She asked, sipping her tea but looking seductively at John.



"That's not John's leg," he smiled.



"Oh, God," Abby blushed.



"What's wrong?" John asked, instantly becoming concerned.



"Abby's been playing tootsies with me for the last fifteen minutes, thinking it was you." Luka laughed, slightly exaggerating.



"Footsies, Luka. It's called footsies and I'm sorry, John. His legs are just too long." Abby hid her face in her hands while John looked on with interest.



"Was it good for you?" John asked Luka.



"Why do you think I let her continue?" Luka joked.



John raised his brow and smiled.



"It wasn't no fifteen minutes either, I just barely touched him." Abby smacked Luka's arm.



"Soon, John, you'll be home soon." Dijana patted his thigh, making him jump.



"Jesus, warn a guy next time." John laughed, as did everyone else.



"Sorry, John." Dijana snickered.



"Anyone for dessert?" Abby asked, seeing that everyone was finished with their meal.



"Not me." Luka leaned back, relaxing.



"None for me. How about you two?" Dijana looked at John and Abby.



"We'll wait." They said in unison.



"Something tells me you two are ready to leave." Dijana laughed.



"Only when you are." John said, never taking his eyes off Abby.



"He's going to bust something if we don't let him go soon." Luka teased.



"Okay, you two. Go, Luka and I are just going to sit here and finish our drinks." Dijana said. Instantly, John and Abby were standing, John reaching for his wallet.



"John, I have this, okay? The Center can pay for this one." Dijana held up her hand.



"You sure?" He asked.



"Go before I change my mind," Dijana laughed.



John led Abby quickly to the door, their arms instantly entwined.



"They really are cute together." Dijana said. "Oh, sorry, Luka. Does their being together bother you? You were with Abby for how long?"



"I'm okay. Abby has been in love with him for a very long time and she should be happy. Tell me, how is he doing?" Luka asked.



~~~~~~~~~~~~



John and Abby raced back to the jeep, chasing each other like children.



"I won!" Abby yelled as John grabbed onto her and pressed himself against her, kissing her wildly.



"My sister's not going to be there when we get home, is she?" He asked, running his hands up her sides, groaning.



"No, just me." Abby said, pushing him away. "Get in and drive, John, please." She laughed.



John started the car and headed towards home, not the home where he'd been for the last three weeks but his real home, the only one he'd ever felt was his, except when he lived with Kerry. No, his home with Abby was where he wanted.... no....needed to be.



John kept his hand on Abby's thigh the whole way while she ran her fingers up and down his arm. Much more than that and they both would need to pull off the side of the road and that was not what they wanted. They needed to be at home, in their bed.



Turning the car off, John walked quickly to Abby's side and opened her door. That was one of the things she'd missed, his manners. He took her hand and helped her from the jeep.



"Are you glad to be home?" She asked as they walked to their apartment hand in hand.



"I think I may be happier in about a half an hour." John smiled as he held the door for her.



Abby purred as she walked by. Her entire body was alive and ready.



As the elevator doors closed, Abby began kissing him, holding John against the wall as she began her oral assault.



The doors opened far too quickly as they stumbled out, kissing and fondling each other as they went to the door. Abby fumbled with the keys as John stood behind her, his hands pressed against her bare stomach, under her shirt. Finally, she opened the door and they practically fell inside.



"Finally." John said, closing the door behind them as he pulled Abby again close to his body. Abby was already pulling his shirt up his back, trying to get it off as they stumbled their way to the bedroom.



Abby kicked off her shoes and began undoing her jeans as John pulled her shirt up over her head as their lips and hands continued constant contact. Abby pushed the bedroom door open with her hip as she pulled her jeans down and hopped out of them. John was also pulling his off as they both stumbled, falling clumsily onto the bed.



"Ow." John moaned, Abby's hands running over his bare chest. He tried to kick his pants off but was getting tangled.



"You okay?" Abby laughed, seeing him having problems. She scooted up the bed watching him fight with his pants.



"Uh, yeah, fine. I'll be right there." He said, reaching down and pulling his pants off and tossing them to the side.



John looked up and he suddenly stopped, breathless. Abby was lying in the center of the bed wearing only her panties, a g-string and he was stunned by her beauty. Slowly, he sat up, coming off the end of the bed and he walked to the side, their eyes never breaking contact.



"What?" She whispered, running her hand behind her head, causing her hair to fan out like a crown around her head. John had a smile on his face.



"I just can't figure out what I ever did to deserve you." He smiled, nodding as he admired her beauty.



"Come here." She reached up for his hand and met him half way with a passionate kiss.



The heat they'd felt before was nothing compared to the fire ignited as their body's touched. John gently placed his body over hers as he braced himself on one elbow and the free hand cupped her breast. He kissed down her face, neck, chest, relishing in her scent and her taste with no clothes in the way. Abby arched her back as he found her nipple, his warm mouth covering her sensitive skin. His hand slid down her stomach, already panting and slick with moisture as he continued down her thigh.



Abby wrapped her hands along his shoulders; strong, even more muscular than they'd been just a few short weeks ago. She moaned as his hand coaxed her to spread her legs, which she did so willingly. John lifted his body as he placed himself between her legs kissing down her stomach. Abby lifted her hips, knowing what he was about to do, her body dripping in anticipation.



John smiled as his fingers ran up between her legs, tenderly parting her folds. He groaned, seeing how moist she was for him. He kissed his way up her inner thighs and ran his tongue up between her warm skin.



Abby gasped loudly as he made contact, her orgasm already teetering on the edge. She felt his tongue thrust itself into her as he moaned audibly against her insides. She was panting, holding his head, her fingers tangled in his short hair.



John thrust his tongue as far as he could and then he began to concentrate on sucking on her center, needing to bring her to a quick, hard orgasm for his own need. He needed to bring her to a climax because he needed to be inside of her, his own groin throbbing with pain and desire.



Abby felt her body begin to convulse, a gasping scream escaping her throat as she cried out his name. Even before she was completed with the roller coaster ride, she felt his body move up and his stiff organ entering her pulsating walls.



"Oh, yes." John groaned, thrusting slowly but steadily as deep as he could. Abby's legs wrapped around his as she held him closely, kissing him desperately, still riding the waves of her climax.



"John, I love you." Abby groaned from deep within her throat as she met his frantic thrusts. They kissed each other in a total desperation and physical need. Both were panting, sweat dripping, making their bodies slide against each other in their frenzied need.



"John, I'm going . . ." She gasped, her body stiffening as her hips thrust up, holding him suspended in the air. A gasp escaped her lips as John slowed his movements.



"Don't stop." Abby begged, pulling his hips against her. John resumed his thrusting, carefully watching her face. With each thrust, she gasped and he was scared he was hurting her. Finally, her eyes met his and she smiled.



"God, don't stop. I have never felt anything so wonderful. John, I love you so much." She cried, thrusting herself up to meet him.



He could feel her inner walls tightening around him as his own climax rushed forward.



"Yes, Abby!" he yelled as he exploded inside her, sending her into another climax of her own.



John collapsed as Abby rolled him over, never breaking contact as she covered his body with her own. John's whole body was shaking and she could feel it throughout her entire body.



"John Carter, I love you." She said, kissing his jaw line and neck, her whole body still tingling.



"I love you, Abby." He said, tears rolling down the side of his face.



"Are you crying?" She asked, touching his face gently with her hand.



"I think I just realized how much you mean to me," he said, smiling.



Abby had never felt so completely loved in her entire life. She smiled and laid her head on his chest, running her fingers over his skin.



"John, I'm yours, totally and completely until the day I die." She declared. John just hugged her tightly and kissed the top of her head.



"I love you, Abigail Lockhart."



"I love you John Truman Carter."





To be continued....