- Text Size +
Robert (Rocket) Romano pulled himself up out of the water, his muscles tired from forcing his greatest speed, which wasn't too bad, if he did say so himself. He wrapped a towel around his hips and relaxed on his lounge chair. It was so rare when he actually took a day all to himself that he was truly enjoying the peacefulness.



"Robert, honey, we have lunch reservations, don't forget." The striking red head called down from the balcony. He glanced up.



"I remember." He called back. 'That woman,' he thought, 'was the definition of the female gender.' Too bad she didn't mean anything to him.



~~~~~~~~~~~~



"Dr. Weaver, phone!" Randi yelled for the third time. Kerry looked up from the gurney that was just wheeled in.



"Take a message!" Kerry snapped. The ER was flooded with patients, Dr. Lewis was out with the flu, Dr. Carter was on a leave of absence, she was on her twenty-third hour, and she was tired. Randi shrugged as Dr. Weaver raced down the hall following the patient.



"On my count," she announced just as Luka came in.



"What have we got, Kerry?" He asked, putting on gloves as he was being gowned.



"93 year old male, MVA, no seatbelts." Kerry stated dryly. 'There just got to be an age where people should not be allowed to drive,' she often thought.



Luka and Kerry were quickly knee deep in blood when Randi appeared at the door.



"Uh, Dr. Weaver, they don't want to leave a message. She says it's important." Randi said, getting everyone's attention.



"Who the hell is it, Randi? Can't you see I'm busy here?" Kerry said, barely looking up.



"Says her name is Dr. Sajak?" Randi informed.



The second they heard the name, both Kerry and Luka looked up at one another.



"Go, I have this." Luka urged. Sure, it had only been a few days but they never expected Dr. Sajak to contact them at the hospital unless . .



Kerry stripped off her gloves and gown and limped quickly to the phone.



"Dr. Sajak, its Dr. Weaver, is there something wrong?" Kerry listened closely. Randi also tried but Dr. Weaver turned away. "No, I see. Yes, of course, please do. Yes, that's the number. No, it's fine, totally secure. Yes, I will. Thank you." Kerry said, hanging up the phone. She returned to the trauma.



"She's sending the H & P." Kerry said quietly, knowing Abby was just two feet away, inserting a foley.



"Where?" Luka asked.



"Robert's office. He's on vacation and I believe out of the state. Should be fine. No one is up there." She assured Luka. Neither of them wanted anyone to get a hold of Carter's records, least of all Robert Romano! Luka just nodded, and suddenly alarms began sounding.



"V-fib! Crash cart! Chart to 200!" Kerry barked.



~~~~~~~~~~~~



"Time of death, 13:42." Luka stated. Kerry looked down at the bloody mess of the man before her.



"Someone needs to call his granddaughter." She said solemnly. She began to strip off her gown and gloves when she looked up at the clock. "Oh, God." She gasped quietly.



"Kerry, are you all right?" Luka asked, hearing her gasp. Kerry looked at him.



"The H & P." She said as they both headed quickly to the elevator.



~~~~~~~~~~~~



"Goddamn hospital can't take a shit without me around!" Robert muttered to himself as the elevator doors opened to his office. He pulled out his keys and quickly unlocked his door. He could get the file, send it by fax, and get back to his lunch in an hour, he hoped.



Instantly, he found the file in question. Pulling out the one piece of paper that sounded to be so life determining, he walked to the fax machine.



Noticing he'd received some faxes; he sent them aside and began to punch in the number. He hit send and picked up the pile of received faxes, taking them back to his desk. Now, he just needed to wait for the phone call that would tell him, all papers had been received.



Nonchalantly glancing at the top sheet, he noticed it was a fax cover sheet, directed to Dr. Kerry Weaver or Dr. Luka Kovac. Thinking it strange that Kerry much less Kovac would use his personal fax line; he flipped to the next page. It was an authorization to release medical records and mental findings on a John C. Williams. 'Who the hell was he?" Robert wondered. Then he looked at the signature. If he wasn't mistaken, that signature looked familiar. Robert always took pride in knowing everyone's handwriting at just a glance so he stood and pulled out John's record. He found a page and compared signatures.



"You sneaky bastard." He snickered, proud to himself. "So, that's where you are, Johnny boy. Hiding out at Rock Creek Center, are we?"



Robert sat back in his high backed leather chair and continued to read.



*************************************************************



To: Dr. Kerry Weaver or Dr. Luka Kovac

From: Dr. Dijana Sajak, Director, Rock Creek Center



CONFIDENTIAL



Dr. Weaver or Dr. Kovac,



As John's primary physicians, here is an update on his progress. Our first night went well. He is still suffering from insomnia but I'll take care of that. I am forwarding his H&P, as well as the notes from last night. He had a very rough night last night and I just wanted to keep you informed.



Dr. Sajak.



*************************************************************.



Turing the page, Robert found it odd for Kerry or that foreign guy to be treating someone privately and him not having known about it. He had to have a talk with his informants.



*************************************************************



Rockk Creek Center

40 TTimberline Drive

Lemoont, IL 606439

USA