- Text Size +
"So, Abby," Chuni said, seeing the nurse taking a break in the lounge. "So, tell me. What's he really like?" She questioned.



Abby looked at her confused. "Who?" She asked, not having a clue what Chuni was talking about.



"Carter, you two are doing the 'nasty', right? Girl, I haven't seen you smile this much since...well, you're obviously floating on a cloud. Spill it, girl." Chuni teased, making Abby blush.



"John and I are seeing each other, yes," Abby confirmed.



"I figured you two had hooked up months ago," Haleh added, also coming into the lounge. They'd all been dying to corner Abby and get details.



"No, this just happened," Abby busied herself with a cup of coffee.



Susan was lying on the couch trying to rest but Abby could tell she was listening closely.



"So, what's he like?" Chuni reminded her of the question at hand.



"He's sweet. He's the perfect roommate," Abby said, knowing what it was that they were asking. She just wasn't sure how much information John would like them all to have on his life away from the hospital.



"You know that's not what we want to hear, Abby." Haleh gave her a scolding look.



"Has he got the goods or not?" Chuni asked bluntly, making both Abby and Susan burst out laughing.



"Susan, help me out here," Abby begged.



Susan sat up. "Hey, I just dated the guy for a couple of months. We never did anything." Susan defended herself.



Chuni turned to her, shocked. "Never?"



Susan shook her head, "Nope, John was the perfect boyfriend. He holds doors, always ends the night with a kiss and pays. We had a few times where things got a bit steamy but I think Abby would know more about that than I would. He's been in love with her for years." Susan exaggerated.



"Mm, mm. Yes he has." Haleh agreed. "Ever since you first started coming down here as a med-student and was assigned to Malucci. Carter always had time for Abby." She added.



"So, we finally admitted it," Abby shrugged. "I'm still waiting to wake up."



"Oh, you got it bad for him, too, don't you sweetie?" Haleh smiled broadly at Abby's perpetual glow.



"So, tell me what I missed out on," Susan asked, getting back to the original question.



"I am not going to tell you guys what he's like in bed." Abby laughed. A part of her wanted to yell to the Gods about his abilities to drive her crazy and the other part, much smaller part wanted to keep the secret that John Carter was a sensational lover.



"Okay, fine, but you could at least tell us if he's any good." Chuni decided to try another approach.



"Good doesn't even begin to describe him," Abby admitted with a mischievous grin.



"Oh, really?" Susan asked. "What word would better describe him?"



"Sexy?" Haleh asked.



"Attentive?" Chuni asked.



"Inhibited?" Susan tried.



"What are you guys talking about?" Jing-Mei joined the nurses.



"We're trying to get Abby to tell us how John is in bed with one word.



"Romantic?" Jing Mei added her perspective.



"Youthful?" Chuni asked.



"Inventive?" Haleh added.



"An animal?" Randi asked. She'd been standing at the door listening.



Abby laughed at her comment.



"Thorough?" Chuni asked.



"Shy?" Susan said. Abby walked towards the door, giggling. She turned back to all the eyes waiting for her response, a confirmation that their mental image of John in bed was on target. She smiled wickedly.



"There is one word I would use to describe John." She smiled. All eyes were on her. "Insatiable," she smiled as she left the room.



"Insatiable?" Susan said more to herself. "He wasn't insatiable with me."



Chuni and Haleh laughed.



The image was quite appealing. Randi sat up on the counter pondering the thought, "insatiable, huh?" She said to herself. She shook her head in a negative direction, "no, not Carter. I'm insatiable but Dr. C. ? No way." She returned to the front desk still trying to picture her co-worker who was always Mr. 'Hold the Door Open' Gentleman as an insatiable lover. She laughed to herself, "Who knew?"



~~~~~~~~~~~~



Abby walked in the front door, trying to be as quiet as she could, expecting John to still be sound asleep. The hospital had been slammed by patients from an early morning pile up on the freeway and she was looking forward to having a hot shower and crawling into bed next to him. She closed the door and heard the distinct sounds of John's barbells.



"John?" She called out. She spotted him right away, lying on his weight bench, lifting a heavily loaded barbell in each hand. He'd clearly been up for a while because his face was flushed and he was totally covered in sweat. His hair was soaked as was the old t-shirt he wore. He finished his repetition, counting aloud to twenty-five before he acknowledged that she was even home.



"Hey, there," he panted, sitting up. He looked like he'd just run a marathon.



"Been at it long?" She asked, sitting her bag on the dining table. John looked at his watch.



"Not too long," he lied. He'd actually been working out for hours. He reached for his water bottle and downed over half of it in one long pull. "How was your shift?" He asked, wiping his face with a towel as he walked over to where Abby had plopped herself down.



"Hard, we had a fifteen car pile up about five this morning. I'm amazed I actually got out of there on time," she groaned, all the adrenaline leaving her body. She really needed sleep.



"I'm sorry," John kissed her forehead. "Want me to get a shower going for you?" He asked, touching her face gently.



"I would love that. I'm exhausted," she exclaimed.



John knelt and slipped off her shoes for her.



"You just relax and I'll come get you when it's ready." He kissed her softly on the lips before heading into the bathroom.



~~~~~~~~~~~~



"Abby? Come on, Abby." John tenderly stroked her face. Abby flinched and her eyes popped open. John smiled. "Your shower is ready." He held out his hand.



"Everyone asked me about you at work today?" Abby said sleepily as he led her to the bathroom.



John looked interested. "Oh, yeah? And what did you say?" He asked, knowing how the nurses were with their gossip.



"They wanted me to tell them what you were like in bed." Abby explained as John helped her undress.



"You didn't," John shook his head watching Abby's smile.



"They were asking me for one word that would describe you. Even Susan and Deb were in on it," she teased him before stepping into the shower.



"And what one word would you use to describe me?" John also stripped off his own sweat soaked shorts and t-shirt and climbed into the shower behind her. Abby rinsed her eyes, feeling John join her.



"Oh, I can think of so many," She giggled as he pulled her close. He was aroused and Abby was tired. Not a good combination.



"Did you answer them?" John asked, kissing down her clean neck and pressing himself against her.



"I did," she moaned, whatever John was doing felt fantastic. His hands trailed along her ribs to her hips, pulling her even closer.



"And what word did you use?" He asked, kissing down the front of her chest.



"Insatiable," she said.



His head popped up. "You didn't!" he exclaimed.



Abby's smile was infectious.



"Okay, I guess it's better than some of the words I could think of." He smiled, returning to his kisses.



"You should have seen Dr. Lewis's face. I think she realized what she missed out on." Abby smiled, her hands tangling in John's hair. One of his hands snaked its way down her torso and between her legs. Before he could make contact, she pushed him away. "John, please." She said, rinsing her hair under the stream. "I'm tired. I really need to get some rest." She stated, not noticing the dejected look on his face.



John stared at Abby's naked body, making his erection throb with desire for her. He'd been thinking about her all morning long, anticipating the moment when she would come home and he could make love to her the way he needed to. He stepped closer to her, her back facing him and he began to kiss down the back of her neck.



"Jesus, John," she pulled away. "I said I was tired. You wake up in a horny mood or something?" She joked.



Totally shot down, John reached for a towel. "Something like that," he stated coldly as he stepped out of the shower.



Abby shook her head. He was acting a bit strangely but that was common with John Carter. "Hey," she called. "Maybe you should stay in here a while. Sounds like you need a cold shower." She laughed. She was tired but in a good mood and she didn't want him to pull her down. She received no response.



After several minutes, Abby finally felt the smells of the ER wash from her skin and she turned off the water. Wrapping a towel around her wet body, she stepped out and went to the fogged up mirror.



"So, how much sleep did you get last night?" She asked. Hearing nothing from the bedroom, Abby walked out, looking for John.



She found him in the kitchen, tying his tennis shoe, fully dressed. He looked up at her but his face was serious.



"And where do you think you're going?" She asked. John seemed to be in a hurry. He stood, grabbed his jacket and gave her a quick peck on the cheek.



"Out, sleep well," he said, turning towards the door.



"Where's out? John, where are you going?" She asked, now getting concerned.



"I just need to leave for a while," he said with his hand on the door.



"John, wait!" She said sternly. It was enough to stop him mid-step. "Is this because I said I was tired?" She asked, confused.



He turned back to her, his face in so much pain. "It's nothing. I just need to leave," he stated.



"John, what's going on? Talk to me, please," she begged, walking towards him, trying to get him to look at her but he wouldn't.



"Abby, please let go of me," he said quietly.



Abby stepped back abruptly. "Fine, Carter, go." She walked back toward the bedroom. "If you won't talk to me then just go. Just shut me out and close up again. Not like you haven't done it before. Not like I thought things would be different now." She mumbled loudly.



"You want me to talk to you, Abby?" John yelled back. John never yelled back. Abby spun around and could see so many emotions in his face. "I have been wide awake since you left for your shift. I lied to you when I said I had only been working out for a little while, Abby. I have been up all night thinking, all these images running through my head in fast motion and I just needed them to stop, okay? I had this patient yesterday; this kid who reminded me of me and it scared me, all right? I realized during the night that maybe some of the things that happened to me shouldn't have happened. I've just been thinking about a few things and..." he choked, fighting back the tears. He angrily wiped them away. "I just hoped that when you came home, you could help me shut down all this junk in my head, you know, just for a while. Give me something else to think about so I could….just forget it. Just forget it, Abby. I didn't need you before and I don't need you now, okay?" He spat.



Abby suddenly felt very small. "John, I… I'm…" She stammered.



"Fuck it, Abby. Just fuck it all, okay? I'm going to a meeting," he stalked towards the door.



"John, please. I'm sorry." Abby yelled after him as he slammed the door behind him and walked out.



~~~~~~~~~~~~



After the meeting, John was still sitting quietly in the back of the room, silently watching people mingling. He hadn't been to a NA meeting in a while, but he recognized so many of the same faces from his AA meetings. 'Man,' he thought to himself. 'Meetings must be the only thing some of these people do.'



"Haven't seen you in a while," Hank, the meeting moderator said as he sat down a few seats from where John sat.



"I haven't needed it for a while." John shrugged. Hank nodded in understanding. John sighed.



"Isn't there some point that you reach where things get okay? Where you stop needing it so much?" John asked innocently.



Hank placed a hand on his shoulder.



"For some, yes. I guess there must be, but I've been coming every week for nearly twenty years, John. I'm not the one to ask." Hank kidded.



John buried his face in his hands. "I can't keep doing this for twenty years. I need to get on with my life, whatever that is." John mumbled lightly.



"Where's your sponsor?" Hank asked.



"Abby? She's at home, sleeping. She worked all night and I just bit her head off when she came home. It was totally unfair. Now, I'm avoiding her," John smiled sheepishly.



"You do realize you need a new sponsor. I'm assuming that you finally told her how you felt? You can't have a relationship with your sponsor, John. You know that." Hank reminded him.



John shook his head. "No, Abby is the only sponsor I want, Hank. She knows me better than I know myself. We help each other." John stood. "Nope, what I need to do is go home, crawl into bed beside her and talk. I need to talk to my sponsor," he stated.



"Good luck, John."



~~~~~~~~~~~~



John came into the apartment as quietly as he could. He was happy to see that Abby was indeed asleep but he could tell by the pile of Kleenex that she'd been crying. He should never have yelled at her like that. She hadn't deserved it. He silently undressed and carefully crawled into bed, snuggling up close beside her. In her sleep, Abby turned toward him, seeking the comfort she found in his arms.



"John?" She mumbled. He kissed her forehead.



"I'm sorry, Abby, I'm sorry I yelled at you." He said, feeling her wrap her arm over his ribs.



"I'm sorry I was selfish," she mumbled into his chest. "I shouldn't have pushed you away," she said.



John pulled back and lifted her face to meet his. "Abby, I don't ever want you to give in to me if you don't want to, ever." He said seriously. Their eyes were locked on each other's.



"But you needed me and I shoved you away," she said, touching his jaw line.



"And I need to learn other ways to get things out of my system, okay? I don't ever want to use you in that way. I love you too much to use you that way." He gently kissed her lips.



"John, it's okay if you need some kind of release, Baby. There is a difference and I'd rather you used me than someone else." She admitted.



John pulled her close. "I would never use anyone else, okay? You are the only one I want." He assured her, kissing the top of her head.



"What about Brandon?" She asked, feeling the tension lift from between them.



"What about Brandon?" He smiled, feeling her tighten herself around him. Her hands caressed his lower back.



"When you go see Veronica next week, you'll have sex with Brandon, won't you?" She looked up into his eyes.



"I haven't had sex with anyone but you since our first time, Abby." He said. Abby's hand moved around to his groin.



"You can, you know." She felt his body tense as soon as she touched him. She heard him gasp slightly. His erection, which had been so apparent before was back in full strength with just one touch.



"Let's make a pact." She stated, rubbing with a bit more strength. "If you need release… If you just need a good fuck, I want you to tell me. I'll tell you, trust me. John, I love you, but sometimes," She rolled him onto his back. "Sometimes people just need to fuck, just for the sake of the physical release. Let me be that release. I won't love you any less and I should have seen it this morning." She said, straddling his thighs. She pulled off her camisole and tossed it to the floor. "There are times where I need a good strong…" She ran her hands across his chest. "Hard…" She moved her hands down his stomach, "Just for the sake of getting off…" She began pulling the waistband of his boxers down. "Fuck…" She said, exposing him completely.



John was watching, entranced, mesmerized, breathing in short pants. She pulled his boxers completely off. She moved between his legs and brought his knees up. "Sometimes Brandon can give you something that I can't." She reached down and ran her fingers along his anal opening, watching his hips move slightly off the bed. John reached for the bottle of lube in the nightstand and he squeezed some out in her hand. Abby saw this and smiled. Her hand reached for his opening, and she began applying the lubricant. Abby began to work it inside and John gasped. "I want you to still get that pleasure," She slipped a finger all the way in, causing John's hips to raise, a moan escaping his throat. Her fingers were so much smaller but she needed to do this for John. "And I trust Brandon. I trust Veronica and Brandon to never hurt you." She thrust two fingers inside, knowing John needed more. John had his eyes closed and he was panting, grasping onto the sheets. Abby inserted a third finger and thrust in deeply.



"Oh, God," John gasped, feeling her hit his prostate.



"As long as the four of us are friends, I want that part of the friendship to remain." She said, bending over and taking John into her mouth. John gasped loudly as she thrust her fingers back in. There was no longer a need for explanations as Abby kissed down his length, lavishing in his power, grasping his groin at the base. Abby knew enough about the human body and she wanted John to feel her making love to him. She made a mental note to try to talk him into buying a strap-on so she could do this right. She loved the fact that John seemed open to allow her to fuck him.



"Harder, Abby." he moaned, feeling her pulling her fingers almost all the way out. Abby took his entire length in her mouth, engulfing him as she thrust four fingers into his opening, causing John to cry out.



"Oh, God, Abby! Yes, oh God yes!" He cried.



Abby could feel his orgasm building quickly as she held onto his shaft tightly, not allowing the blood to flow. He thrust into her throat in time with her fingers; buried deep inside him, sweat covering his body. Abby increased her stroking, feeling his climax building.



"Oh, Abby, oh, shit, dear God. I'm…oh, god!" He yelled. Suddenly he felt the world crash down around him as his orgasm hit. His body convulsed in ecstasy as his muscled tightened like a vise around Abby's fingers. Slowly, he felt her withdraw, as she kissed up the length of his still very hard erection. Abby released his shaft and she crawled up the length of his slick body, kissing as she went.



"That was totally amazing. I think I can get used to fucking you." She teased, kissing his neck, feeling his heaving chest.



He laughed, still unable to speak. Brandon had been the only one to ever get him to climax without actually ejaculating and it was breath taking.



Abby crawled up totally on top of him, pushing his legs down as she straddled his hips. She sat up and positioned herself over his weeping groin. "And now it's my turn to be fucked." She leaned in and kissed him on the lips. "And John," she whispered in his ear. "I need it hard."



That was the only instruction he needed. As he thrust into her, he rolled her over so that he was on top.



"I can do that." He smiled, now looking down on her beautiful face. He withdrew and shoved his entire length back in with one strong thrust.



Abby threw her head back as she moaned. "Oh, yes, John! Fuck me!' She urged as he leaned up on his arms to get better strength. This was not about love, not about tenderness. This was only for the sake of physical release and John finally understood what Abby had been trying to teach him for so long. He thrust deep inside of her as she tightened around him, increasing the friction.



"Oh, God, Abby, it feels so good when you do that." He murmured, concentrating on hitting her from every angle as he increased his speed. Abby reached down and fondled her own clitoris, kneading his scrotum when he withdrew, her hand often becoming trapped as he pounded into her. Sweat dropped off his chin onto her chest as one of her hands dug into his backside, pulling him harder.



Their grunts and pants filled the air as they pleased each other. Finally, the world came to a screeching halt as it hit. Both calling out each other's names at the exact moment as they climaxed as one, tensing as John shot into Abby and she clenched around him, holding him suspended.



"Oh, my God," John finally exclaimed, collapsing onto Abby's totally spent body. He began kissing her neck and her face as she rolled them over as one unit. Abby now lay on top both breathing hard, trying to regain depleted oxygen.



"That was the best fuck I have ever had, John Carter." She wiggled her hips, feeling him still inside her.



"I do have to say you have one hell of a talent there, Miss Lockhart." They playfully kissed each other everywhere they could reach.



"John, tell me the truth. Haven't you ever gone out someplace, like a bar or maybe some museum opening," She hit a ticklish spot and he giggled. "And just picked up some chick, or maybe a guy, just for the sake of a fuck?" She asked.



He shook his head slowly. "Nope," he replied honestly.



"You're kidding." She had to ask again. She couldn't believe he never in his life had done that.



"No. I couldn't do that. I have had sex with women that I wasn't totally in love with but never just a stranger. Well not since, Liz and I learned my lesson the hard way with her." He smiled slightly embarrassed as he remembered that she had given him an STD.



Abby lifted her head and looked at him.



"What?" He asked.



She shook her head, "Nothing." She smiled wider. "I just love fucking you, John Carter. I have never met a man who puts so much into it as you do." She said, laying her head on his chest, still enjoying the feeling of him inside her.



"I've had some good teachers," he said, not realizing the irony of his statement.



Abby felt a pang of sadness at his statement. "I guess everything happens for a reason, huh?" She smiled, drawing random shapes against his shoulder with her finger.



He kissed the top of her soaked head. "I guess so. It all brought me to you."



To be continued………………