- Text Size +
"Is Dr. Carter around?" A very handsome, middle-aged man asked. Abby was looking through a chart at the front desk when she saw him.



"He's with a patient. Can I tell him who's asking?" She asked. This man was clearly from money, judging by his tailored silk suit. He was tall, like Luka and looked to be built solid and strong. His hair was sandy blonde but she could see the gray beginning at the temples. It was well styled, perfectly kept. He had slight crow's feet at the corners of his sky blue eyes but his smile made Abby's heart flutter.



"Brandon. Dr. Brandon Montgomery." He smiled, radiating warmth that wasn't seen much in the ER. "And you?" He asked, seeing the smile spread across her face.



"Abby." She said, instantly both recognizing each other's names. They smiled knowingly at each other.



"So, you're Abby. Nice to finally meet you," He said.



"Oh, and you also. Does John know you were coming?" She asked, knowing he hadn't said anything to her about Brandon coming. In fact, John rarely mentioned Brandon or his wife Veronica. He hadn't seen or even talked to them in months.



"No, he doesn't. I can't seem to get him to return our calls and he never answers his mail so I just figured I'd pop in and see if he'll see me. Is he doing all right?" He asked, genuine concern on his face. Abby smiled.



"Oh, I think he will be now. He's just been working a really long shift so he's probably very tired. Other than the normal ups and downs, he's okay." She shrugged. "I'll see if I can find him. Why don't you have a seat over there? It could take a few minutes." Abby grinned.

~~~~~~~~~~



"Dr. Carter?" Abby made her way to the exam room. John was completing the sutures on an elderly woman's arm.



"Yes?" He answered, tying the last stitch.



"There you go, Mrs. Henley. Make sure you come back in ten days to have these removed and keep a clean bandage over it, okay?" He informed his patient.



"Sure, Dr. Carter. Thank you." She smiled as Haleh placed a bandage on her arm. He walked out with Abby.



"You'll never believe who's here," Abby whispered. John looked up questioningly.



"Who?" He looked at his watch.



"Remember a little event that we attended where you did some prancing on a stage? And then you got to spend a week having the most incredible sex of your life?" She smiled. John paled, looking towards the lobby. He pulled her into an empty exam room.



"Who's here, Abby? Veronica or Brandon?" He looked almost panicked. Abby couldn't help but to laugh.



"Brandon. Man, you've been holding out on me, John. You never told me that he was that good looking, and oh so hot." She teased. John ran his hands through his hair.



"Oh, man, Abby. I can't go out there. I mean . ." He tried to explain.



"What's the big deal? You had incredible sex with the man, John!" She laughed. John held his finger up to his lips.



"Jeezus, Abby. Broadcast it for me, would you?" He blushed, looking around to make sure that no one heard her.



"What's with him saying you never returned his calls or the letters he's sent? You never mention them anymore. He said he figured he'd come down here and see you in person. What's up? I thought you had a great time with them." She asked.



"Oh, I did." John smiled nervously. "I had a great time, it's just, that it was almost too good, I mean those two are definitely addicting." He felt himself becoming very aroused at the thought of Brandon. "That's what makes this whole thing so weird. God, I can't believe he's here. Jeezus, Abby. I get turned on just thinking about the guy." John was trying to hide himself knowing that Abby had already noticed the bulge in his pants. Abby began to laugh at his nervous excitement.



"John, I'm not surprised. From what you told me, it was pretty special. Go out there and explain to the guy why you've been avoiding him all these months. And remember, you owe me a foursome!" She said. He stopped pacing and stared at her.



"What?"



"Go find out how long they'll be here. Find out if Veronica is with him. Her, I'd like to meet. Maybe we could have them over for dinner at our place, hmm?" She kidded, fixing his collar.



"Really? There's a lot you haven't told me about you, isn't there?" He smirked.



"Get out there!" She playfully shoved him out the door.



John looked at Brandon sitting in chairs, looking more debonair and sexy than John had remembered. Brandon's whole face lit up when he saw John walking towards him.



"Dr. Carter!" Brandon stuck out his hand, smiling knowingly. He could see John blushing.



"Dr. Montgomery." John said, taking the man's hand in his own. He held on to it, remembering all the things this older man could do and had done with this hand. The soft touch and warmth of his skin made John even more uncomfortably aroused as he became lost in the older man's eyes. John looked at their hands entwined together. Brandon cleared his throat, bringing John back to reality. John smiled.



"You haven't been avoiding me now, have you?" Brandon asked, melting in John's big brown eyes.



"Actually, yes." John smiled sheepishly, shifting his feet, trying to loosen his slacks.



"When are you off?" Brandon asked, finding this crowded area not at all to his liking. He wanted so badly to kiss John, right in the open. John blushed.



"In a few hours, but . . . . " John began to protest but Brandon stopped him by thrusting a hotel card key into his hand.



"Ritz-Carlton, room 624. We need to talk." Brandon stated. His command made John's legs feel weak.



"Just talk?" John's voice cracked slightly. Brandon smiled.



"We'll see. What time can you be there?" He asked. John looked at his watch.



"I've been up for three days straight," John began to come up with excuses. Brandon noticed Abby nearby.



"Abby?" He called. She looked up with a smirk. "What time does Dr. Carter get off work?"



"Uh, in an hour." She replied, seeing John's panicked face. But underneath it, she could see he wanted to be with Brandon again. Brandon looked back at John. "Meet me there at four." Brandon stated.



"I need to change and shower. Come on, Brandon, make it seven." John protested. Brandon turned back around and said very clearly.



"Don't worry about it, Dr. Carter. You can shower and change at my place. See you at four." Dr. Montgomery walked out of the emergency room. John turned around and tried to walk quickly to the lounge but Abby caught up with him, giggling like crazy.



"I can't believe he did that!" John whispered loudly. "What are people going to think? Damn him." He swung open the door to the lounge, ducking inside.



"Calm down, Carter." Abby laughed, seeing how red John's face was. "It just sounded like you two were going to meet for a basketball game or something like that. Nobody could tell what any of that was about." She grinned.



"You think so?" He asked, needing the reassurance that Brandon hadn't told everyone about his secret.



"Please, John." She said. "So, you think he wants to talk?" She questioned.



"I don't know." John shrugged. "We haven't exactly kept up with each other in about six or seven months." He said, looking at the hotel cardkey that had been shoved into his hands.



"But you did end up with the key to his room. That's got to mean something." Abby smiled. John thought about it for a moment.



"I guess it does." He smiled, and returned to work out his last hour.



To be continued……….