- Text Size +
"Okay, my dear. What kind of look do you want to go for?" Veronica asked as they walked through the local home decorating shop. Abby looked around.



"I'm not sure. His room is just so, well, let's just say he learned to decorate from his grandmother." Abby teased.



"Well, for one, he's never had a woman around to help him. Oh, look at this lace. Isn't it pretty?" Veronica felt the silky material of the drapery display. Abby scrunched her nose.



"I was thinking more like this." Abby pointed out a simple, straight cut, tab top curtain in a dark green material. Veronica shook her head.



"Nope. That won't do at all. If you're going to go that route, you might as well let John decorate, complete with a basketball in the corner of the room lying on top of his dirty clothes." Veronica moved Abby to a more delicate window display.



"Now, I know that man loves you but you have to consider a few things here." Veronica led Abby to a bench and sat down. "Consider the environment that John has been brought up in. He's from a wealthy background, where the homes were decorated, not just thrown together. He's used to being surrounded by nice things. From what I've gathered, he's also from the family structure of the men doing the work and holding the positions and the women being their support, yet at the same time, the women are the strong ones of the family." She explained.



"You aren't telling me I need to turn into one of those high society snobs, are you?" Abby grimaced making Veronica laugh.



"No, Abby. Good Lord, no. I'm just thinking that you should bring out your feminine side. Decorate with some lace, maybe some scarves. Make that room your sanctuary, you know, the place for all your fantasies. He may think he's the all-powerful male of the relationship, but Honey, we can turn them into putty in a second. It's us who rule in that room." They both laughed.



"Okay," Abby stood. "Let's go get some lace. Oh, and you have got to help me pick out some lamps for the nightstands. Those hideous ones he has have got to go!" Abby stated strongly.



"Now you've got the idea!" Veronica laughed, leading Abby to the back of store.



"Oh, would you look at this!" Veronica exclaimed. She ran her hands along a beautiful bedspread. It was so feminine; all ruffles and lace covered. Abby looked at it, thinking it looked like something that belonged on a princess's bed.



"It is beautiful." Abby admired, touching it softly.



Veronica raised her eyebrows. "So, do you want to get it?" She asked, giggling.



"Oh, God, no. I can just see John's face when he has to crawl into a bed covered in lace!" Abby laughed hard. She thought it would be funny to see but not likely.



"You're right." Veronica looked at the spread again. "We do have to stay somewhat neutral here, don't want him to feel out of place in his own room," Veronica laughed.



"What kind of sheets should I get?" Abby asked, looking at the mountains of sheets. Percale, Flannel, 200 count, 300 count, satin, fitted, flat, bed-in-a-bag; she didn't know where to start.



"Have you ever slept on satin sheets? Veronica held a set up.



"No, Richard said they were too hot," Abby shook her head.



"If you're not careful, you slide right out of bed!" Veronica laughed.



"Do you like this?" Abby found a thick cozy comforter in a hunter green and mauve color with just a hint of gold accent.



"Hmmm…nice color choice. We want a good thread count on the sheets." Veronica pulled a couple matching sets off the shelf and tossed them into their shopping cart. That's a very nice comforter but you'll need a duvet cover to match. Oh, and some fluffy down pillows. There's nothing like new pillows." Veronica was pulling things off the shelves left and right. Abby was watching in amazement.



"I get the feeling you like to shop," Abby shook her head.



"Oh, I do." Veronica, admitted, looking through the various curtains.



"This is one thing that is sort of difficult because the window coverings have to be dark enough to block out the light. John has enough trouble getting to sleep sometimes without having to worrying about the sun bothering him." Abby remarked as she to checked out the various drapes on display.



"You sound like a married woman already, Abby, ever so concerned for John. Don't get me wrong that's a good thing." Veronica found the drapes that matched the comforter and was looking for the correct size. "You can always get some shades if these aren't dark enough but I think these will be fine."



"So, how long have you and Brandon been married?" Abby asked as they roamed the isles.



"Twenty-eight years." Veronica smiled.



"Twenty-eight years?" Abby coughed loudly. "And you still touch each other?" She laughed, completely shocked. She thought they acted more like newlyweds.



"Oh, yes, dear. I find that man sexier as we get older," Veronica cooed.



"Well, I certainly think so, but how in the world do you keep things fresh?"

Abby's eyes twinkled. "I mean how do you keep the sparks flying?" Abby was amazed.



Veronica thought for a few minutes. "Well, we trust each other, completely trust each other. We've had some rough times, just like everyone else. We love each other. It's that simple and that complicated at the same time." Veronica shrugged. "We also don't work together. That may or may not be a problem for you and John. It's hard not to have your time away from each other. You need to remain independent people."



"We were doing everything together before this whole change," Abby smiled. "We work together, go to meetings, watch movies or just hang out together. We're best friends and we do know when to give the other their space." Abby said, a bit unsure.



Veronica put her arm around her shoulder. "Well, don't lose the friendship, Honey. When you find yourselves snipping at each other, you need time away, you hear me?" Veronica warned. "You just come up and stay with me for a while. I'll take care of you." Veronica linked her arm in Abby's as they continued shopping.

~~~~~~~~~~~



The girls returned to the apartment, bags in tow. They wanted to get them down to the laundry room in the basement quickly so they could put them on the bed right away. She'd also picked out a nice set for the guestroom, using a blue and brown color scheme for the extra room.



"We're home!" Abby called out as they took a couple of the packages and left them in Abby's room.



"We're heading down to the basement to wash the new sheets. We'll be back later." Abby yelled over her shoulder as she left the apartment. She shrugged, not getting an answer. "Hm. Oh, well. Maybe they stepped out for something. Come on." She led Veronica back to the elevator, bags still in tow.



"So, you think we'll be able to get all of this stuff washed and ready to use tonight?" Veronica asked. She was actually looking forward to doing laundry. At home, she had hired help to do her laundry. This would be fun with Abby.



"I just hope I have enough quarters." Abby joked, holding up a baby food jar full of quarters.



"Quarters?" Veronica asked. Abby looked at her and smiled.



"When was the last time you had to do laundry?" Abby giggled, seeing Veronica's childlike excitement and confusion.



"It's been a long time," Veronica giggled. "So, how many people use this laundry room?" Abby laughed.



"Everyone from the building, I just hope all the washers are free. I usually have pretty good luck during the day. Poor John always gets stuck waiting for one to free up." Abby explained as they rode down to the basement.



"John does his own laundry?" Veronica asked. Abby looked at her and smiled.



"Sometimes I'll throw a few of his things in with mine. He uses the dry cleaners a lot but I'll do his boxers and his socks for him. We don't have time off much and with his schedule, I figure the least I can do is keep him in clean underwear." Abby giggled as they got off the elevator and walked into the open area of the basement. Along one wall stood six washers and the other side was lined with the dryers. In between lay a long island for sorting and folding. Under the island were several cubbies, one for each apartment for storing their soap and dryer sheets. Across the length of the island was a bar for hanging their clothes.



"Oh, that gives me some ideas," Veronica purred as she walked closer. Abby laughed.



"Do you always see things as sexual? Abby questioned, beginning to take stuff out of bags.



"Always, don't you?" Veronica teased, helping Abby remove their purchases from the wrappings and removing tags. Luckily, all the washers were available. They managed to fill only four of the washers and got them all running.



"So, now what?" Veronica asked, throwing the last of the wrappings into the big trashcan.



"We wait," Abby stated matter-of-factly as she hopped up onto the island to sit on the edge, legs dangling.



"We wait?" Veronica laughed. "We stay down here the entire time?" She asked, bemused.



"If you don't, your stuff has a tendency to take a walk, just ask John. He learned the hard way. So, Veronica, tell me some of the wildest places you and Brandon have had sex," Veronica laughed.



"Oh, dear, you name it, we've done it," she exclaimed, sitting on one of the washers across from Abby.



Abby thought for a few minutes, "In the grocery store?"



"Produce isle or freezer section?" Veronica asked.



"Library?" Abby laughed.



"Periodical section," Veronica nodded.



"In a public park?" She asked, wondering how gutsy this couple really was.



"Oh, please, everyone does it in the park," Veronica brushed that one off. "What about you?" She turned it around and Abby blushed.



"While horseback riding," Abby blushed.



"Oh, Honey." Veronica moaned. "You do know John is an expert rider."



"That's one of my fantasies." She blushed. "I have this one where he's in these tight blue jeans, worn in all the places jeans should be worn in and he's got a beard." Abby smiled.



"He's had a beard?" Veronica asked, liking the idea. "When he stayed with us, he didn't shave and I thought he'd look so good with a beard." Veronica stated, making Abby laugh.



"When I worked in the OB unit, he had one for a while. All the nurses would go down just to see him or we'd try to catch him in the cafeteria. He's considered quite a catch amongst the nurses at the hospital."



"I bet. Have you ever heard of the mile high club?" Veronica asked. Abby looked at her confused.



"The what?" Abby asked.



"The mile high club. You rent a private plane and have sex at 10,000 feet. I'm telling you, it's pretty hot," Veronica explained. Abby thought about the idea.



"That does sound good but I'm afraid I get sick from altitude. I almost threw up all over John when we flew to Oklahoma to get my Mom. He offered to hold the barf bag for me," Abby said.



"Now, that's true love," Veronica joked.



"Where else?" Abby urged. She was beginning to feel a little needy and wanted to hear about Veronica's wild life. Her own had been relatively boring in comparison.



"Oh, an amusement park, the Ferris wheel at night can be quite a turn on." Veronica said.



Abby blushed, as she thought about of getting John in a Ferris wheel. Navy Pier instantly came to mind.



"Sometimes, when I bring his laundry down here, I find one of his t-shirts and just smell it," Abby admitted.



"Brandon told me he did the same thing while he stayed with us. He does have a smell all his own, doesn't he?" Veronica could tell that Abby was getting turned on, by the way she shifted her hips. She hopped off the washer and walked slowly towards the young nurse as Abby had her eyes closed, thinking of John's scent. Abby jumped when she felt Veronica's hands on her knees.



"Jesus, you startled me." Abby laughed, shifting her weight. Veronica slowly spread her knees apart and put herself between them. She leaned in close to Abby.



"You want to know where else is a hot place to have sex in?" Veronica whispered, teasing Abby by bringing her mouth just centimeters from Abby's lips.



"What if someone comes in?" Abby whispered as she felt herself beginning to get wet.



"What if someone does?" Veronica teased, bringing her mouth just in front of Abby's breasts, close enough for Abby to feel her hot breath.



"Oh, Veronica." Abby heard herself exclaim breathlessly as Veronica's lips were mere millimeters from Abby's neck, not touching her, just her warm breath on her skin.



"I bet if I placed my mouth against you, you'd be dripping." Veronica teased, nipping at Abby's neck but barely touching. She heard Abby catch her breath.



"We've got to hurry," Abby gasped, her breath coming in short pants. Veronica began running a finger down Abby's forehead, down her nose, and over her full pouty lips. Abby opened her mouth slightly, her tongue flicking against Veronica's finger.



"I bet when you get down here with his laundry," Veronica sucked Abby's erect nipple through her t-shirt, moistening the material and making Abby gasp. "I bet you find yourself dripping with desire as you smell the fibers of his clothes." Veronica's hands held Abby's legs wider. Abby leaned back, propping herself up with her own arms.



"Oh, God, Veronica," Abby moaned, almost frantically moving Veronica so she could get a leg out of her pants. The second she did, she spread herself again for her seducer. Veronica held her knees apart wider, stretching Abby almost to the point of pain as Abby offered herself to Veronica's waiting mouth.



"So wet," Veronica ran her tongue along the inside of Abby's center.



"Oh, shit!" Abby cursed at the jerk her body did the minute Veronica hit her clitoris. "Fast! I need you fast!" She urged. Veronica did not need any convincing. She slid her tongue inside the nurse and her thumb began to roughly manipulate Abby's clitoris. It only took moments before Abby was squealing and moaning and begging for more. "Oh, God, yes. Oh, oh, yes, please, oh, God, oh fuck!" Abby yelled as her hips bucked up and she held Veronica's head tight. Veronica kept licking through her entire orgasm. Finally, Abby's breathing calmed and primary language skills returned. Abby quickly slid her leg back through her pants and fastened them.



"Quick enough?" Veronica smiled. Abby walked up to her and wrapped her arms around Veronica's neck, drawing the taller woman in for a passionate kiss. Abby slowly backed Veronica up against the washer.



"You have a way about you, Veronica." Abby pressed her body up against the older woman, her hands going to her breasts. Veronica's hands ran through Abby's hair. Abby brought one of her hands down Veronica's body, caressing it's way further until she reached the hem of Veronica's dress. Their mouths and hands were all over each other as the washing machine vibrated against Veronica's body. Abby slid her hand under Veronica's dress, feeling moist curls of hair.

"Oh, yes, Abby," Veronica urged, thrusting her hips towards Abby's hand. Just as Abby began to separate her folds, they both heard the elevator gate open and someone whistling. They pulled away from each other quickly.



"Oh, hey, Abby, laundry day for you, too, huh?" A handsome young man said, bringing his load of clothes in, completely unaware of what had been going on, he began to empty his pillowcase of cloths into an empty washer. Just then, Abby's washers came to a loud halt.



"Looks like we're done," Veronica pouted.



"Looks that way," Abby grinned holding back her laughter. She began to pull out the freshly washed linens. Veronica helped since the young man had made himself at home in the same exact place she and Abby had just had sex in.



"Think he'd help us out?" Veronica whispered, tossing clothes into the dryer. Abby hushed her.



"Now that would be cheating," Abby replied playfully.



"Not if we took him upstairs to the boys," Veronica suggested.



"I'm afraid we'd get left out. That's Jimmy, our resident homosexual," Abby whispered back.



"Oh, really," Veronica said, taking a step towards the young man oblivious to their conversation.



Abby pulled her back. "Will you stop?" Abby laughed.



Veronica put on her best puppy dog look and Abby thought she was almost as good as John. "No way!" Abby scolded as they placed all the laundry in the dryer.



"So, Jimmy, what sort of work do you do?" Veronica teased, talking to him as if she had known him all his life. Abby just watched and rolled her eyes at Veronica.



To be continued…….