- Text Size +
Brandon tapped on the bedroom door quietly. He could hear Abby clear her throat and whisper.



"Come on in." She answered. Brandon walked in quietly and smiled. John was wrapped so completely around her that it was difficult to see where she ended and he began.



"You want something to drink?" Brandon asked, sitting on the edge of the bed and touching her cheek as she smiled sweetly at him.



"Water would be nice, thank you," she purred, her body completely relaxed. She had John's silk shirt on, still unbuttoned, and was wearing her G-string. John had begged her to put it on. Veronica brought some water in and sat on the opposite side of the bed.



"Thanks," Abby said after taking a few sips. John lifted his head slightly as Abby held the bottle for him. He took a sip and laid his head back down.



"I thought he was asleep," Veronica giggled as she ran her hand across John's sheet covered hip. He smiled, still keeping his eyes closed.



"I'm awake, just relaxed," he murmured. Abby stroked the arm that was wrapped around her stomach and under the shirt.



"So, you two finally get all the tension out of your system?" Brandon asked, feeling calmness in the air. Abby giggled and they could see John smiling. He lifted his head and looked at Abby.



"Oh, there's plenty of tension still there," John shifted his hips against Abby's.



"It just figured out where to go," she purred, one of her hands still under the covers, gently holding him. She gently squeezed making John moan softly.



Brandon noticed a few empty condom wrappers laying on the nightstand. "So, you kids did use protection, right?" He asked. Abby pulled the covers over her head.



"You sound like my mother when I was sixteen," she said from underneath. John popped his head up.



"I thought you were sixteen when you lost your virginity," he asked.



"I was but I became active pretty quickly," she admitted, not wanting to bring up what she'd learned about John's virginity now. The mood was too comfortable to have him go tensing up again.



"So, are you two using protection?" Veronica repeated the question.



"Yes, mother," John, mumbled, his face still against Abby's skin.



"You two do get tested for work, don't you?" Brandon asked.



"Yeah, about very six months, why?" Abby came back out from under the covers, curious as to the direction of the questioning.



"You're both clear, right?" Veronica asked.



"I am," John said, looking at Abby. He had no doubt that she was.



"Me, too," she said, looking straight at John as she answered.



"Abby, are you on birth control?" Veronica asked.



"Yeah, Depo-Provera shots, why?" She asked. John smiled, realizing why they were asking the questions.



"That's a big step," he said, still looking at Abby, who still didn't get the reason for the interrogation.



"What is? What are you guys talking about?" She asked. John leaned up on his elbow.



"Protection. If we're both clear, and you're on birth control, than we don't need it," John explained.



"Wow, that is a big step," she said, realizing the implications. It meant commitment, complete commitment to one another.



Protection also helped ensure her not getting pregnant since birth control had been known to fail. If they stopped using protection and if she became pregnant, did she really want to have a child with this man?



She and Luka had always used condoms. Since her abortion she was not willing to ever take that kind of chance again. Condoms had always been a major issue for her. She did admit not liking them very much and she did like being able to taste John and to feel his skin. The idea of not needing them was sounding quite appealing.



Brandon noticed the apprehensive look on Abby's face and decided this was probably a conversation they needed to have later.



"So, are we ever going to get you two love birds out of this bed?" He asked, as he stood up. Both Abby and John laughed. John finally sat totally up, his fresh hickey clearly showing on his collarbone against his pale skin.



"Oh, you have yourself a little vampire." Veronica giggled. John looked confused so she pointed it out.



"Oh, yeah," he smiled. "Well, I had an idea of something we needed to do. I was thinking maybe if you guys were going to hang around Chicago for a few days that we could get you checked out of here and head back to our apartment. We could move Abby into my room and get her room fixed up as a guest room that you could use." John suggested, looking at Abby's face for her opinion.



"Uh, sure, okay." Abby nodded, a bit surprised but liking the idea. Maybe this thing with John would be serious. They had after all told each other they loved each other but the pessimist in her still expected something to happen to ruin it.



"That sounds like a good idea, Brandon, dear. Why don't we let these two get dressed and we'll get the other room cleared out. She began gather up a few articles of clothing for herself and Brandon before leaving the room.



"Can we think about food soon, also?" John asked, hearing his stomach growl. They all laughed.



"Sure, John, we'll feed you," Abby shoved his bare butt out of the bed. Veronica and Brandon laughed as they left the room.



As soon as Brandon and Veronica left the room, John grabbed Abby and pulled her back onto the bed. He had other plans as to how he wanted to finish off the morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



"Did you enjoy your stay, Dr. Montgomery?" The desk clerk asked as he finished up with Brandon's paperwork. Veronica was standing behind Brandon while John and Abby were loading shopping bags into his Jeep.



"Yes, I did, Benjamin. Very nice, thank you." Brandon smiled towards Veronica as he signed the receipt.



"Did you two get a chance to see the sights of our lovely city?" He asked.



"We saw what we wanted," Brandon smiled, chuckling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~



"So," John asked, Abby snuggling with an arm around his waist as he held her inside his coat. She took a drag off her cigarette and held it out for John.

They stood together in the parking garage as they waited for Veronica and Brandon.



"So," she smiled, feeling the same nervousness he obviously felt.



"Are you sure you're okay with all this?" He asked, afraid to look at her.



"John, I called work and lied to Weaver for you. Yeah, I'm okay with this." She teased. He chuckled, holding her a bit tighter.



"Good thing we already live together," he snickered.



"Why?"



"Well, I'm not sure how my roommate would feel about me bringing my girlfriend home every night. She has a tendency to get a bit noisy," he brushed a piece of hair out of her eyes.



"Yeah, well, I heard you yell out a time or two, John Carter. Good thing you aren't living with your grandma anymore. I could just imagine her face with you yelling at the top of your lungs," She laughed.



John blushed. "No, I don't think that would do Gamma any good at all. I actually never brought anyone I was dating there. I don't think Gamma would approve." He shook his head, grimacing.



"So, when do we let people at work know?" She asked, wanting to announce it to the world. John thought for a few moments.



"Hmmm. I'm on days and you said you're beginning nights," he started.



"Uhm, John. I need to tell you something." Abby remembered what she'd forgotten to tell him. He looked at her, very concerned.



"What?" He asked.



"You're working nights, too." She said, flinching. He looked at her shocked.



"When? Why?" He questioned. Abby giggled.



"Well, Weaver was on to me." She giggled. "She must know something."



"Weaver went to college with Veronica. They're old friends and Weaver is the one who called them to come here." John informed. Abby nodded, understanding.



"That makes sense. She said that whatever I had was probably contagious and I needed to take tomorrow off also. She then told me that I would begin my night rotation and you could keep an eye on me just in case I started feeling bad during my shift because you had volunteered to work nights." She explained. John was laughing to himself. "Then she said that Veronica had left an earring at her place. Do you think they did anything?" She asked. John was laughing hard.



"I wouldn't put it past Veronica for a second. I did tell you Weaver was behind the whole auction, didn't I?" He asked. Abby giggled.



"No, I think you left that part out but Veronica told me yesterday. Who would have thought Weaver had it in her." They stood there chuckling as Brandon and Veronica joined them.



"So, where too?" Brandon asked as he was putting the last of their stuff in the trunk of the rental car.



"Food!" John stated. By now, he was starving. They all laughed as they decided where to meet for breakfast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~



"Home sweet home." Veronica stated as they reached the apartment. Abby and John had been self-involved during their meal, cuddling and touching constantly, feeding each other and smiling non-stop. The elevator ride up was almost x-rated when Abby pinned John against the wall and accidentally hit the alarm button.



Veronica and Brandon just watched with amusement and desires, hoping to get another taste that evening. John handed Brandon his keys.



"Do the honors, will you, Brandon?" He asked. John turned to Abby and smiled.



"What are you planning?" She giggled, never having felt so giddy in her life. John picked her up off her feet.



"Carrying you over the threshold," he laughed, bumping into the door jam.



"Ow!" She complained.



"You okay?" He asked.



"You aren't the most graceful person," she teased. He set her down as Brandon shut the door.



"Well, we should probably get to work." John stated, walking towards his bedroom. "Abby, you might want to get started on your room. It may take a few months to find the bed." He teased. Abby stuck her tongue out and pulled Veronica by the hand to her room. John just shook his head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~



"So, you're going to move her in here?" Brandon asked, looking around the sparsely furnished room. John looked at him strangely.



"Yeah, why not? It's the bigger of the two bedrooms," he shrugged, opening a dresser drawer. He realized that he really didn't have room for her stuff in his dresser.



"Well, it is sort of male," Brandon shrugged. John stood up and looked around.



"You think?" He asked. Brandon nodded. "Well, when I bought the set, all I needed was the dresser, night stands and the bed," he shrugged.



"Does her stuff match yours?" Brandon asked. Immediately John shook his head.



"Uh, no." He said. Then he had a brainstorm. His eyes lit up. "I have an idea. Come on, I need your help." John dragged Brandon excitedly through the apartment.



"We'll be back," he yelled towards Abby's bedroom. He picked up his keys and just as they went through the door, Abby emerged.



"What?" She said, seeing Brandon was being dragged out the door. Veronica came out to see what was going on.



"Something wrong?" Veronica asked. Abby shook her head and laughed.



"No, they just went somewhere," she giggled as she returned to the bedroom with Veronica in tow.



"Probably a surprise," Veronica laughed, following her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~



"So, Abby. You've been married?" Veronica asked, laying another batch of clothes onto John's bed.



"Big mistake," Abby shook her head. "He cheated on me. I put him through medical school and he cheated on me."



"Would you marry, John?" Veronica asked as they went back for another load. Abby began to laugh.



"Veronica, we've only slept together one night. I don't think we should talk about marriage quite yet."



"Mmm, I think John's thinking it's already that serious," Veronica warned.



"Really?" She asked.



Veronica nodded. "I get the feeling that John doesn't fall lightly. I think that when he falls, he falls completely. Can you handle being his everything?" Veronica questioned.



"Oh, wow," Abby sat on her old bed, the reality of the situation was just beginning to sink in.



"I don't see him ever cheating on you," Veronica sat next to her and held her hand. "I don't think you could call Brandon and me cheating," Veronica added.



"Uh, not when we both participate, no." Abby blushed, the two girls giggled at the idea of the four of them together.



"John will be totally devoted to you for as long as you let him," Veronica smiled.



Abby nodded. This she was also sure of.



Veronica took on more of a somber tone. "Will you be as devoted to him?" She asked, looking Abby directly in the eyes.



"I'll try," Abby said hesitantly.



"Don't let him fall in love with you unless you can totally give yourself to him, Abby. He would die for you, of that I'm sure. You need to ask yourself if you would do the same. If not, let him down now. Don't let him believe you love him if you don't," Veronica gently warned.



"Why are you so overprotective of him?" Abby asked.



"He brought my husband back to me and I owe John my marriage and my life as I know it. Do you know about how he and Brandon became friends?" Veronica asked. To truly know John, Abby would need to know everything.



"No, he barely talks about it. I think he's ashamed of the whole thing." Abby said. "Tell me what you know."



Veronica and Abby spent the next hour talking about John and Brandon, about the entire Atlanta trip and about John's first visit to see them. Abby was able to see one of the many sides of John that he did not share easily, but a part of his life she needed to know about.



To be continued……..