- Text Size +
Both girls returned to the hotel, laughing and carrying bag after bag. The place was quiet when they came in.



"Oh, God Abby. That is so funny!" Veronica laughed loudly, setting her bags on the table. "Oh, boys, we have gifts for you!" Veronica called out knowing that they were around somewhere.



Not getting an answer, Veronica went into the bedroom to find the guys crashed out on the bed. Brandon was spooned up against John's back with his arm draped over him. Only a sheet covered their obviously naked bodies as Abby giggled from the doorway.



Veronica knelt on the bed behind Brandon and whisper in his ear. "Brandon, wake up, Baby." She stuck her tongue in his ear as she continued her attempt to wake him.



He stirred slightly, rolling onto his back and found himself face to face with his wife.



"Come on, Brandon, wake up 'Sleeping Beauty' and get out here," she nudged.



"K," he replied clearing his throat. Veronica left them alone to get up.

~~~~~~~~~~



"Do you think they... you know did something?" Abby whispered as Veronica closed the bedroom door.



"Oh, I'm sure they did, Hon." Veronica laughed as they waited for the guys to join them.



John and Brandon stepped into the living room in bathrobes, as they looked at all the bags that the woman had with them.



"Did you girls buy the entire downtown?" Brandon forced a joke. This would be a good night, even if it killed him.



"Oh, Darling. I found the most wonderful sweater for you." Veronica wrapped herself around her husband and gave him a passionate kiss. John looked away and he glanced quickly at Abby.



"Hey." She said, gently setting her bags down. She felt shy in front of the couple again and could tell it also made John uncomfortable. She pulled out a small package. "Here. I know you lost your other pair." She handed him the new sunglasses. He took them and smiled, suddenly feeling very insecure. Veronica and Brandon were totally involved in each other. Brandon's hands firmly grasping Veronica's ass.



"Thanks." John cleared his throat, hoping the other couple would realize that they were not in the room alone. Abby and John looked at each other nervously. "So, did you find a dress?" He asked, trying to see into the bags.



"Actually I found a few. Veronica insisted on getting all of them." She smiled. John cocked his head at her and smiled.



"You look pretty. I don't think I've ever seen you in makeup before." He said. "And your hair is cute, too. Get it cut?" he dared to step closer, touching a soft curl.



"No, just curled," Abby blushed. Neither Richard nor Luka would ever have noticed that quickly.



"We spent the afternoon at this spa. Got massages and a sauna and facials, you know, the works." She explained. He just stood there nodding. "Veronica mentioned that her and Brandon have a private masseuse. She told me that he took care of you while you were there. Said he was quite good." She teased lightly. John just smiled and bobbed his head.



"Yeah, pretty good." He said. "So, when do I get to see your dress?"



"Oh, it's fashion show time, Abby my dear," Veronica said as she handed a couple of shopping bags to Abby. Picking up the rest of the bags, Veronica informed the men of their next plan. "Okay, boys. I took the liberty of renting the room next door so that we can get dressed and ready in proper style and not have to deal with your beard trimmings all over our new clothes." Veronica led Abby towards the door, picking up several bags along the way. "You boys go get cleaned up." She teased as she pushed Abby to the door.



Once again alone, John fumbled nervously with his new sunglasses.



"Those are nice. The same style as what you had when you came to stay with us?" Brandon asked, just trying to get him to talk.



"Yeah. I lost my other pair on the El one night while coming home. I'm surprised she remembered." He smiled, looking inside the box. They were the exact same ones as he'd lost.



Brandon came towards John and he cupped John's face. John tried to pull away but Brandon held firm.



"Hey," Brandon said a bit harshly. John looked into his eyes. "I just want to make sure we're okay. Are you and I okay, John Carter?" Brandon asked, never breaking eye contact. John laughed at the use of his full name.



"Yeah, Brandon Montgomery, we're okay." He smiled. Brandon leaned in for a gentle and loving kiss. John did kiss back but it was quick.



"Good. Because I care about you too much to have you mad at me." The older man said. John wrapped his hand around Brandon's neck and pulled him in for another kiss, this time with more emotion.



"Me, too." John said after they broke apart. Brandon laughed and headed for the wardrobe.



"We'd better get ourselves changed because these women want to be taken out on the town tonight!" Brandon laughed. John pulled his suit out and laid it across the bed.



"I've arranged to have Gamma's limo tonight. Algier is doing the driving." He smiled.



"I don't know. Remember what happened the last time the three of us got in a limo." Brandon teased and this time John laughed.



"It's what happened after that that is still clear in my mind. So, do you want the shower first or should I?" John asked, heading to the bathroom.



"We could always share the shower." Brandon suggested. John immediately shook his head.



"That is probably not a good idea. My poor boys are having enough trouble keeping themselves settled down. I don't need to see you dripping wet with soap covering your body." John talked more to himself as Brandon laughed.



"Well, then. Why don't you jump in first? Sounds like you could use a cold one, anyway."



John carried a clean pair of boxers into the bathroom and shut the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~



Abby stood nervously in front of the mirror looking at her naked body. Veronica, also nude, smiled and came up behind the petite nurse.



"Veronica, do you think I'm pretty?" She asked, her hands running across her stomach. Veronica moaned.



"Oh, yes, my dear. Very pretty." She reassured.



"Luka didn't think so. He said I wasn't that pretty. That I wasn't that special." Abby scrunched her brows at her reflection.



"Well, he must have been crazy." Veronica kissed Abby's shoulder. "I happen to know that next door, there is a man that thinks very differently."



Abby shrugged. "Not really. I mean, I can see why he'd be interested in you. You're voluptuous. He's dated some beautiful women over the years, ones that I can't even begin to stand near without feeling like trailer trash. I mean he goes for blondes, beautiful blondes with culture and money. I'm just a plain, poor, simple, not so pretty nurse." She shrugged.



"Why'd you stay with nursing? I thought you had said earlier that you were in med school and John was your teacher." Veronica asked. Abby laughed.



"He was only one of many. I was in med school but my ex-husband decided he didn't need to pay for the tuition anymore, even though I supported him while he went. Anyway, I just can't afford to continue." She admitted. Veronica looked at her for a moment.



"Were you good at it?" She asked. Abby smiled.



"You know, people think I'm crazy for not going back to it but not every one of us is cut out to be a doctor. Nope, I've actually thought of this a lot. I made an okay doctor, you know, good bedside manner, good diagnostic skills, but to be the one that people look to for making life-altering decisions, that's not me. I am, however one hell of a nurse. I know what needs to be done, how to do it, a step ahead of the doctor. I get to hold the babies, the scared kids and I get to hold a man's hand when his ego won't let him cry from the pain, no matter how horrible. I get to see them when they come in and walk them when they leave. I like nursing. I'm good." She said proudly. Veronica was sold.



"I'm sure you are." Veronica began pulling dresses from the bags. Abby looked in one.



"Oh, no." She said, disappointed.



"What, dear?" Veronica asked.



"The swing dress. We must have left it in the car. I was so looking forward to putting it on and showing John. I figured it might put him in a better mood." She explained, finally resigning and heading for the bathroom. Even though her hair and makeup was done, she needed to take a quick bath just to wash Veronica's scent from her body.



"You can show him tomorrow, can't you? He's going to be surprised enough when he sees you in that evening dress of yours." Veronica called out after her as she began hanging up the many dresses that they had bought in the closet, laying out the ones for tonight.



"Veronica, I wanted to thank you for getting the dresses for me." Abby said. She was actually very grateful. Now, maybe she'd have a choice for what to wear if someone asked her out. Veronica leaned close and whispered.



"John paid for them." Veronica smiled.



"What?" Abby exclaimed; the look on her face was pure shock.



"He handed me his credit card right before we left. He said it was important to him even though I told him it wasn't necessary." She said so casually. Abby was taken totally by surprise. They had spent money like crazy. She didn't even have a clue as to how much they may have spent.



"Oh, I've got to pay him back." Abby mumbled, stepping into the tub. Veronica laughed.



"You haven't had many men buy you things, have you?" She teased. "Look, don't say anything to him. He did the gentlemanly thing and I think it's sweet. He obviously didn't want you to know so don't tell him. Maybe after you two have been married and have lots of babies you can tell him." Veronica smiled, joining her in the tub.

~~~~~~~~~~~~





John had just slipped his dress shirt on when he heard a knock on the door. He looked at his watch and smiled.



"Right on time as always." He said as he led Algier into the room.



"I'm paid to be on time, Dr. John." The family chauffeur stated dryly. He had known John for many, many years and was happy to help with his plans.



"That you are." John handed him a suit bag and smiled. He also handed him a set of keys. "Okay, it's the red sports car parked in the lot on the south side. Veronica parked it right by the entrance. Their stuff should be in the trunk." John handed Algier a piece of paper with the license plate number on it.



"You certainly are going to a lot of trouble." Algier commented. John nodded.



"Algier, this may be the most important night of my life," he smiled.



"Yes, sir," Algier nodded.



John closed the door behind him. Brandon came out of the shower wrapped in just a towel.



"Clothes done." John nodded, feeling happy that so far, every plan was working out perfectly.



"You don't think she has any clue?" Brandon asked, putting out his tux.



"I hope not. I don't think so." John shook his head, buttoning his shirt.



"So, I heard you say this might be the most important night of your life." Brandon smiled. John was just a bundle of emotions and nervous energy as he had been the entire day.



"Well, it is important. I figure this may be my only chance. I appreciate you two helping me out." He shrugged, tucking his crisp shirt into his slacks.



"No, problem, John. We're getting something out of this, too, you know." Brandon stated, smiling.



"I know," John nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~



"So, how do I look?" Abby asked, standing fully dressed in front of the mirror. Veronica slipped her shoe on, and stood and smiled.



"You look just like you stepped out of a fashion magazine. You are going to knock his socks off." Veronica ran her hand down Abby's bare back.



"I can't wear a bra with this dress, that's for sure." Abby giggled, feeling like she did look good, after all. Veronica giggled, putting on a pair of dangling diamond earrings.



"Just less to take off later. So, which panties did you pick?" Veronica lifted the hem of Abby's dress. Abby blushed. "Mmm. Good choice. Bare back and bare ass." She smiled at the G-string Abby had on.



"No panty lines." Abby giggled. They heard a knock on the door.



"You ladies ready? Our reservation is in one half hour." Brandon called through the door. Veronica looked at Abby.



"You ready?" She smiled approvingly.



"Sure," Abby nodded.



Veronica opened the door and Brandon and John came in.



"Oh, Darling, you look almost good enough to eat." Brandon checked out the red dress Veronica wore. It was so low cut in the front, much of her chest showed. He kissed the exposed flesh.



John stood and stared. He was completely frozen in place looking at Abby. She stood nervously, watching for him to respond. Veronica giggled.



"John, breathe, Hon." She told him. He let out an exaggerated breath.



"You look, uh, you...wow!" He stammered. Abby smiled and turned around, showing him the extremely low cut back. "Oh, Christ." He groaned quietly. Abby could tell he approved. "You, uh, oh, Abby. That dress makes you look, oh, shit. And we're supposed to go out to dinner?" He asked, smiling widely. He approached Abby. "We could just skip dinner." He teased, having her turn around again. The bulge in the front of his trousers reassured Abby she'd picked the right dress.



"Not on your life, Dr. Carter." Abby teased, feeling more special and much prettier than she ever had in her life. "I want to go out and dance." She smiled, aware of his hands gently on her waist.



"Ok, whatever you want." John mumbled, very captivated by her appearance.



"So, you think he'd do just about anything right now?" Brandon whispered in Veronica's ear. She laughed.



"Anything," she nodded.



"Okay, you two. Time to go downstairs. Our limo awaits." Brandon stated, helping Veronica with her shawl.



"You arranged a limo?" Abby whispered, looking into John's eyes. He nodded.



"Algier is off tonight, he's helping out," John replied, still staring at her face. His eyes were twinkling the way Abby knew they did when he saw a pretty woman. She felt very special thinking that he was looking at her that way.



"Well, then, we should go," Abby blushed, picking up her wrap. John took it from her hands and placed it gently over her shoulders.



"Dinner." He nodded, pulling his eyes from Abby's figure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~



They were immediately seated in the exclusive restaurant, Charlie Trotter's and they began going over the menu. John kept stealing glances at Abby, amazed at how beautiful she looked. He's always thought she was pretty but this was more on the stunning side.



"There are no prices on this menu." Abby whispered to John, who had scooted his chair a bit closer to her. He had his arm draped over the back of her chair and he looked at the menu she was holding.



"Do you like seafood?" He asked, talking low and very close to her. Abby felt like the luckiest woman in the entire restaurant. After all, the most handsome man in his tux was snuggling very romantically up to her!



"Uh, some," she answered, giggling like a teenager.



"You know what? I just realized how little I know about you. About the only thing I know is that you like your coffee black, and you like pie." He smiled, his thumb gently caressing her bare shoulder.



"And sundaes," she laughed.



"Right," John nodded and went back to looking at the menu. "How about chicken? Or steak? I hear the steak is wonderful." He commented. She looked over the list.



"Antelope? People really eat antelope?" She exclaimed.



"Some people I know have such well-rounded tastes." Veronica stated, placing her bare foot directly on John's lap. He jumped and laughed.



"Well, I like to try new things." He smiled back, reaching under the table and caressing her foot. Veronica purred.



"Why don't you try something new Abby, but stay with things you are familiar with. I'm sure you'll find them very much to your liking." Brandon suggested. Abby smiled feeling a sock run up her leg.



"Hm. Something that feels like a good friend yet is prepared in a new and exciting manner?" She teased back, purposely not looking at John but she could see his smile out of the corner of her eye.



"We are talking about the menu, aren't we?" John joined in the playful banter.



"Oh, there is just so much on the menu tonight, John. So 'hard' to make a decision." Veronica made direct contact with John's swollen groin. He shifted in his seat and cleared his throat.



"You okay there?" Abby noticed his shifting.



"Uh, I'll be fine," he blushed. Abby took her hand and placed it on his thigh, slowly running her palm and fingers up towards his groin.



"Good, wouldn't want you to be uncomfortable," she smiled, meeting his eyes. She had noticed that his eyes had taken on a deeper shade of brown.



"Oh, I'm perfectly fine, not uncomfortable at all," he smiled as he licked his lips.



"Not yet," Brandon said under his breath. They all laughed as the waiter approached the table.

~~~~~~~~~~~~



Through the entire meal, Abby ate every bite as seductively as she could, knowing that John was watching her intently. She was so nervous that she wasn't even hungry but she did enjoy making him squirm.



They shared a wonderful meal, talking about their childhoods, becoming doctors and in Abby's case, a nurse. They talked about family and about the patients they dealt with daily and they laughed.



"Well, John. I will say, this was a wonderful choice in dining." Veronica stated, her foot having long since been removed from his lap. They had all eaten their fill and were relaxing over cups of coffee.



"So, where's the dancing?" Abby asked. John's eyes lit up.



"What?" He asked.



"Where's the dancing. I thought we were going to do some dancing tonight and I don't see anyone else dancing," she explained.



"We're going someplace else for that," John smiled mischievously. "You guys almost ready?" He asked, the older couple, who were lost in their own romantic world. Brandon looked up and pulled back to reality.



"What?" He asked, not having heard a thing since Veronica began fondling him under the table. Veronica giggled.



"Dancing?" John asked, putting out his cigarette. He'd shared one with Abby after their meal.



"Sure." Brandon smiled, pulling himself away from Veronica's talented fingers.



"Let us freshen up in the ladies room, won't you?" Veronica stood, holding her hand out for Abby. John slid his chair back and stood, helping her pull hers out she could get up. Abby giggled at the old fashioned-ness of it.



"Hurry back," John kissed Abby's hand.



"Oh man, I am in trouble tonight," John exclaimed once the women were gone.



"Yeah, Veronica is in heat." Brandon chuckled. "I may knock the table over when I stand up with the woody I'm sporting." He admitted.



"Oh, I'm doing pretty good on my own, my friend. But I didn't have your wife's wonderful fingers stroking me throughout dinner." He laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~



"What were you doing under the table?" Abby giggled as they made their way to the bathroom.



"What do you think I was doing?" Veronica had such an exquisite look of lust on her face.



"Did you have him pulled out?" Abby giggled, she couldn't believe the nerve this woman had.



"Completely. Some of the best sex I've ever had has been in very public places." She said, reapplying her lipstick.



"Oh, my." Abby blushed. "I've always wanted to do something like that but I've never had the nerve. The closest I've ever gotten was slipping into an empty exam room with Luka while at work." She said.



"And now you can do that with John," Veronica suggested. Abby shook her head.



"Probably not, Luka still works there. John and he don't exactly get along. Besides, I don't want to hurt Luka," she said. Veronica looked at her puzzled.



"You are over this Luka, aren't you?" Veronica asked. Abby immediately nodded.



"Oh, yeah, with Luka, well, it was about convenience. With John, well, he's just so emotional, it's different," she explained.



"He's your passion." Veronica stated. Abby looked at her for a minute, thinking.



"That's it. That's exactly it." Abby began to speak with her entire body as the idea took on meaning. "With Richard and Luka, it was comforting. With John, I'm terrified but because I feel so much when I'm with him. John 'is' my passion, both frightening and totally encompassing at the same time. I can't think when he smiles at me. When he cocks his head when he's listening hard to what I'm saying, well, my knees go weak. When he's hurting because of a patient or something, I feel his pain. When he's sad, I'm sad. When he gets excited, I just have to look at him to feel the same way. My God, Veronica! That's it." Abby exclaimed feeling like she'd had a revelation.



"My, goodness you have it bad." Veronica remarked as she applied some perfume between her breasts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~



The men were standing by the front doors when the women returned. John held out Abby's wrap and placed it across her shoulders. Their eyes locked and she blushed.



"What?" He asked. She just nodded her head.



"Just girl talk." She said as they followed the older couple from the restaurant.





To be continued…………