- Text Size +
2-The Longer you stay


Why don't you just go home, Carter?" Dale called back as he started to head upstairs.

"No, I think I'll just crash here. I'm on again at noon anyway." Carter wearily rose from his seat, trying to stretch out his aching back.

He headed down the hall towards an empty exam room. Carter stopped when he saw Deb still in the trauma room. He knew that she was still upset over the grave mistake that she made in regards to a patient that she and Dave treated earlier. Carter paused momentarily as he thought about going in to talk to her. As he stood watching her for another few moments his back began to scream at him.

He had taken a nasty fall as the result of having to go hunt down Dr. Weaver. He was just too tired, and quite frankly, he was still a bit angry over her ever getting the Chief Resident job in the first place. Not because he didn't believe she deserved it, but because of the reason that Weaver had deemed him ineligible.

Running his hand across his face he proceeded onward towards his destination.

~~~~~~~~

Lydia stopped just outside the exam room to read the note posted on the door. " Do not disturb, I gave at the office." It was Carter's note. She would recognize his handwriting anywhere.

She only needed to sneak in momentarily to check that things were properly stocked. Opening the door, she noticed him curled up in a tight ball on the bed. This was not Carter, she though as she crept closer, he always slept flat on his back. He stirred slightly; pulling his lab coat that was draped over him tightly around him. Lydia grabbed a blanket and shook it open to place over him.

She spoke softly, as if he might be awake." Are you cold, Hon?" Covering him, she could not resist brushing away a stray lock of hair that covered his closed eyes.

"Thanks." He whispered, pulling the blanket tighter. Lydia smiled at the thought that only Carter could be so polite even in his sleep. She made a quick inventory of the cabinets as she recalled the many nights over the past years that she had done this exact same thing. She wondered why he never just got himself a blanket to start with. It really wasn't cold, but sleeping with a blanket was much cozier.

Just before she was about to leave the room, Lydia heard the sound of a deep groan and as she turned she saw that Carter was trying to reposition himself on the bed.

"Oww." She heard as he sucked in a deep breath and his face immediately twisted in pain.

"Carter, are you okay?" She placed her hand on his shoulder, to soothe him.

"My back." He whimpered softly as he again sought comfort. She could she the tears escape as he blinked his eyes and closed them tightly again.

"What's wrong with your back?" She moved around and rubbed his shoulders gently.

"Hurts." He groaned sleepily as his hand rubbed against the lower portion of his back. Lydia ran her hand down his spine.

"Let me see." John's back suddenly arched as a muffled groan escaped his lips when her hand neared where he had been rubbing. She lifted his scrub top to reveal an ugly black and blue bruise across his left flank.

"Good Lord! Carter how on earth did you do this?" She peeked down his scrub pants to reveal more bruising. "I'm going to go get Mark, he really should look at this."

"No! Please don't." Carter begged wearily. "Is Malucci still here?" His voice was so soft she could barely hear him.

"I think so, do you want me to get him?" Before she had even finished asking she realized he had gone back to sleep. She had heard that he had worked all night without a break, he needed all the sleep he could get before his next shift.

~~~~~~~~

At 9am Dave's shift was over. He managed to get a couple of short catnaps in the early hours of the morning, but couldn't wait to get home and get some real sleep. He knew that Carter was still sleeping and that his shift didn't start until noon. Sitting at the table in the lounge, he quickly wrote Carter a note and slipped it into his locker before heading home.

After the hellish night before, Carter was relieved that things were relatively slow. It gave him a chance to relax and allow his back to rest. He was on a break, in the lounge, when he found the note from Dave. There were several others in there at the time so he quickly slipped it into his pocket and made his way up to the roof.

Once away from the prying eyes of his colleagues, he opened the note and began to read it. It was just a short note advising him to take it easy. Carter had been so tired last night that he barely remembered Dave coming in to check out his injuries. He knew that Lydia wouldn't let him get away with not having his back looked at after seeing the bruises.

He was grateful that Dave had been there. He was so tender as he gently inspected the area and insisted on making sure that Weaver put him on light duty until he healed. The rest of the day sailed by rather quickly and before he knew it, his shift ended.

Carter was a bit disappointed when he got home and realized that Dave was getting ready to leave for work.

~~~~~~~~

The following morning Dave arrived home to find Carter still asleep. It was his day off so Dave didn't want to wake him up.

After going to the kitchen and putting on a pot of coffee, Dave made himself a ham and cheese sandwich. Sitting down at the table to eat, he made out his list of needed groceries.

Carter awoke from his slumber. He pushed back the covers that had become a bit too warm, not bothering to even check the time. He didn't have to be at work so there was no reason to get up. None at all except for the growing ache in his abdomen, indicative of a very full bladder.

Carter groaned as he rolled out of bed and wearily stumbled across the hall into the bathroom. He was half way across the room when he realized that Dave was in there standing right where he needed to be.

"Oh. Sorry. " He mumbled as he bit his bottom lip, crossing his right foot in front of the left, clenching his muscles tight to prevent himself from peeing right there where he stood.

Dave gave a little laugh as he noticed Carter's discomfort. "Come on, step up here, Carter. You look desperate." Dave smiled as he stepped aside a bit to make room for him.

Without hesitation he stepped forward and immediately sighed in relief.

Dave placed his free hand ever so gently, on Carter's back. "Still sore?" He asked as he gently massaged the area his hand rested on.

"Yeah, a little, but it's okay." John's voice was still deep from sleep.

"This sort of reminds me of when my brother and I were kids. We would pretend we were the 'Ghost Busters' and we couldn't let the streams cross each others." Dave giggled before he shook himself and went to wash his hands. "So," Dave continued. "Where have you been lately?"

John finished and turned towards the sink. "What? When?" He looked at Dave, confused.

"Night before last. I know that you stayed at the hospital but last night it was pretty late." Dave watched Carter wash his hands and splash water onto his face, washing the sleep from his eyes. Dave handed him a clean towel.

"You know I got stuck in the ER," John replied as he reached for his toothbrush and squeezed out a generous amount of toothpaste. "I just stayed at the hospital since I had another shift yesterday at noon. You just left Dave, I was too tired." He trailed off as he began to brush.

"You know, I still can't believe that I didn't catch that Marfans guy." Dave stared down at the ground.

Carter leaned over to spit out the paste and rinse his mouth. "It's pretty rare, you know. It's not your fault, Dave. Deb should have looked at the x-ray and Weaver should have been there." Carter began brushing again.

"It's just that I could have saved that guy's life if I had recognized it," Dave stammered.

After rinsing once more, Carter turned to look at Dave. Moving closer, he looked him square in the eyes. "You don't know that for sure, Dave. Besides, have you ever seen Marfans before?"

"No," Dave replied. "But." He stopped suddenly, not really knowing how to defend himself. He stepped back and out of the bathroom.

"But what? If you didn't know what to look for, how could you be expected to recognized it?" John followed Dave back to the bedroom.

"You knew," Dave stated matter-of-factly.

"Only because Mark had a case back when I was a med student and he made Deb and I do a report on it and that is why she should have known, also. But she didn't even bother to look at the x-ray. There's plenty of blame to go around." Carter stepped past Dave towards the bed where he lay back down.

Dave went around to the other side to lie down along side Carter.

"Weaver should never have said what she said, Dave, it was totally unfair. You're a good doctor and I'd still like to know why she never answered her page. It's not like her to not answer."

"Yeah, well it doesn't change the fact that the guy died. But thanks anyway for trying to defend me." There was a long silence, as they both lay staring at the ceiling.

"Dave?" Carter rolled onto his side facing Dave. "I was late last night because I had to go check on my grandmother. She wants me, well both of us, to move back in with her. With Grandpa gone, I think she's afraid to be alone. I told her I would have to think about it." He reached over and ran his hand through Dave's dark hair, pulling him close until his head rested in the crook of his arm.

"She said both of us?" Dave wasn't sure that he had heard right as he stared up into John's chocolate brown eyes.

"She knows that we're together and she knows that you're the reason that I moved out in the first place." John ran the back of his hand lightly against Dave's cheek. He knew that it was time to tell Dave that his grandmother knew they were a couple.

"You told her about us?" Dave furrowed his brow in uncertainty. Neither one of them had ever told anyone of their relationship. It came as a bit of a surprise to Dave that Carter would talk about it to his grandmother.

"No." Carter hesitated. "She figured it out on her own. She's a smart lady, Dave, not much gets by her. Besides, I think that she also knows that it would be the only way that I would even consider. Anyway she's okay with it and she needs me, Dave."

"So what you're really saying is that you have already made up your mind and you were just hoping that I'd go along with it." Dave teased as he raised up on his side towards Carter. He began to trace imaginary patterns across his bare chest.

"Yeah, something like that." Carter confessed as he lay back down and closed his eyes, letting out a breath that he hadn't realized that he was holding. Suddenly he just felt so weary.

"Hey buddy, it's okay. If that's what you feel you need to do, then that's what we will do." Dave leaned over and planted a kiss on Carter's cheek. "So when did you want to do this?"

"Gamma is expecting us for dinner. We're going to meet with a contractor to do some remodeling. There are two empty bedrooms next to mine and we'll open them up as our own private living room, sort of like a suite. There's plenty of closet and dresser space for both of us. We really don't need any of the bedroom furniture, unless you have something you can't live without."

"Only that old trunk, it was my great-grandfathers. When my mother gave it to me she made me promise that I would never part with it." Dave pointed to an old camelback trunk against the wall.

"Anyway, we can put whatever we don't need in storage," Carter continued. "We'll just need some clothes for now. We can send for the rest after the living room is ready."

"You mean for tonight?" Dave asked, a bit surprised that this was happening so fast. He leaned closer and worked his mouth across Carter's chest, eliciting a soft moan.

"Yeah.. " Carter purred as he ran his hands through Dave's thick dark hair holding him in place. He felt his cock stir as Dave continued his assault on his nipples. Dave's hands roamed his body until one slipped inside his boxers, smoothly caressing his erection. Carter gasped when he felt Dave's fingers firmly stroking him. He tugged at the white T-shirt tucked into a tightly fitting pair of jeans. His hands, once underneath the soft cotton, gently pinched at Dave's erect nipples.

Carter reached down and unbuttoned Dave's fly, pushing the denim material out of the way as best he could. Dave reached down and pulled Carter's flannel boxers all the way off as he stood momentarily to strip off his own clothes. Crawling slowly back over the top of Carter's naked body he went back to what he was previously doing.

Dave proceeded to lick wet circles down Carter's bare chest towards his belly button and across to his hipbone, stopping there to pay extra careful attention to an area that he knew drove Carter crazy. The tickling sensation caused Carter to squirm wildly as Dave also continued to ever so lightly stroke at his burgeoning erection.

Not being able to take any more teasing, Carter swiftly flipped Dave over and wrestled him against the bed, holding him tightly in place with his strong muscular legs. He immediately winced in pain as he realized that the sudden movement he had just made was a big mistake.

"Oww," he groaned, placing his hand on his back to ease the spasms shooting through his body.

"Are you okay?" Dave exclaimed with a bit of apprehension, caressing Carter as he slowly fell forward. Dave was concerned that he had hurt himself again.

"Yeah, I'll be fine," Carter exhaled heavily as he carefully leaned closer and kissed Dave square on the lips, invading his mouth with his tongue.

The kiss was long and hard as Dave once again had Carter's organ in the palm of his hand. He stroked firmly as Carter continued to feverishly explore Dave's mouth while his hips pushed leisurely against his fist. His mouth parted from Dave's as his breathing became more ragged.

"Can you lie on your back?" Dave asked compassionately.

"Yeah, I think so." He rolled onto his back as Dave immediately took him full on into his mouth, sucking with all his might. Dave continued to move his mouth up and down on Carter's throbbing cock, sucking him and fondling his balls until Carter came with a vengeance. Spurting cum deep down into Dave's throat.

"OH God! Dave," Carter cried out. Dave continued to carefully lick up every last drop of Carter's juices before allowing him a moment to catch his breath.

Carter rolled over onto his stomach as his breathing returned to normal. He reached over to the nightstand and produced a tube of KY Jelly and handed it to Dave.

Seeing the rather large bruising, Dave hesitated to go any farther. "Are you sure? That looks pretty wicked, Carter." Dave gently kissed around the purpled area.

"God, yes.I need you in me, Dave." Carter whimpered in anticipation. "I'm sure it looks worse than it is."

Dave proceeded to warm a generous amount of gel in his hands before he meticulously began to apply it to Carter's tight ass. Paying careful attention not to place any undo pressure on the bruised area, he rubbed the gel around Carter's opening until he was relaxed enough to slip a finger inside. Gently pushing in and out with one and then another, Dave knew he was driving him mad as he squirmed under his manipulations.

"Oh God," Carter gasped. He was totally relaxed as he anticipated Dave's next move. Slowly Dave pushed himself inside Carter, stopping only to make sure that he wasn't hurting him. As soon as Carter gave him the okay, he began to slowly move in and out.

"Uhmm.. Dave." Carter could barely speak as felt Dave's hand wrap around his growing penis. The sensations pulsating through his body were driving him wild as he pushed his body back to meet Dave's thrusts. Dave paused momentarily as be caressed and stroked Carter, slowly sending him over the edge once more.

As soon as he felt Carter ready to exploded again, he began gently rocking in and out, plunging deeper and harder with each stroking movement. It was only a matter of minutes before Dave was howling in ecstasy. "Woooo hooooo," Dave cried out his release as he felt Carter's warm seed spill over his hand.

"Oh God. Dave," Carter cried as he imagined the warm liquid fill his ass. Dave collapsed against Carter as his head was still spinning. They both rolled onto their sides as Dave cradled Carter close to his chest.

Carter began to giggle at Dave's antics. He loved Dave's craziness. You never knew what to expect.