- Text Size +
14-A Simple Twist of Fate


John had only been asleep for a couple of hours when he awoke with a start. The covers were rumpled and spread across the bed, indicating that he had been thrashing about. This nightmare had been one of the worst that he had had in a very long time. He couldn't bring himself to go back to sleep after such a haunting dream. With Valentine's Day only a week away and his recent encounter with Paul Sobriki, he couldn't seem to stop thinking about that fateful day two years ago.

He got up and showered because he was drenched in sweat. He changed the sheets on the bed and made it back up. After spending most of the night in front of the TV, he finally decided to try and get some sleep.

Dave crept into the room as quietly as he could. He knew that John didn't have to be up and God knew he needed all the sleep that he could get. John had always been a fairly light sleeper and suffered from insomnia quite often, with many nights Dave coming home late to find him either watching TV or reading medical journals.

The last few months had really begun to take a toll on John. He had been through so much emotional turmoil, first with the death of his grandfather, and his grandmother's health problems, and then it was his mother and her drinking and drug abuse. Now it was her apparent need to befriend a young cancer patient. Dave knew that John was finding it very difficult to stand by and watch his mother play nurse-maid to this young boy, knowing that Mickey probably wasn't going to make it much longer. John also knew that there was a good chance that Mickey could hang on for quite a long time. John had spoken to Dave about his feelings toward his mother and was not sure if watching Mickey die was going to help her or make things worse.

Trying to not wake him, Dave undressed completely and slipped into bed along side John. He had just settled down and was on his way to dreamland when he felt a hand running along his back, across his shoulders, and into his hair. Rolling over, he cuddled close to John, cradling him in his arms.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." Dave breathed in deeply, losing himself in John's musky scent. He smelled wonderful and Dave was immediately intoxicated.

"You didn't." John gazed into Dave's beautiful brown eyes, and then met his waiting lips in a soft kiss. Dave eagerly kissed back, sucking gently on John's tongue. John wrapped his leg around Dave's, pulling himself closer to him.

"Did you sleep at all?" Dave asked, running his hands along John's hip and sliding it down his thigh until he found what he was looking for. Taking John's rigid cock in his hand, he began gently stroking him.

"Uh... not really...but at least I don't have to work today." John gasped as his hand began to roam all over Dave's body as well. With feather soft touches he ran his fingers across Dave's chest, brushing across his nipples to make them erect.

John began teasing Dave by nibbling down his chest, sliding slowly downwards until he was licking up and down his thick shaft. Dave's breathing quickened as he let out a soft moan of pleasure.

"Oh, John---." Dave whimpered as he bucked his hips toward John.

With that little word of encouragement, John opened his mouth wide and lowered it over Dave's throbbing penis, nearly taking him all inside his mouth. John closed his lips around Dave's swollen member and began to suck hard, moving up and down as Dave gently rocked his hips.

Kneeling next to Dave, he was in the perfect position for Dave to continue his own ministrations. Dave reached the nightstand for the lube and squeezed a generous amount into his hand. He liberally applied it to John as he proceeded to knead John's balls, reaching to apply it to John's ass. Slipping his finger inside of his tight opening, he began to gently stretch the muscle as John feverishly continued to lick up and down Dave's burgeoning shaft.

"Oh God---Stop..." Dave gasped, lacing his fingers around John's hair. The sensations that John was creating in him were enough to send him over the edge, but he wasn't ready to end it just yet.

John pulled back, kissing gently along Dave's length, licking up the sweet nectar that oozed from Dave. John was perfectly content with Dave's fingers buried deep inside of him as he allowed Dave a moment to relax.

Dave slipped his fingers out of John, causing him to groan. He pulled John towards him, kissing him passionately, trailing wet kisses down John's jaw as he rolled John over onto his back, sucking and nipping along his throat, back down to his chest. Dave took a nipple in-between his teeth and gently pulling, and teasing each one in turn, eliciting a faint purring sound from John. Dave's hand trailed down John's stomach until he was cupping his balls in his hand, rolling them between his fingers, kneading them gently. He began slowly stroking his swollen cock.

"Oh, God, I need you in me, Dave." John squirmed as he allowed Dave to tuck a pillow under his hips to raise him up a bit, positioning himself. Dave found the tube of lube amongst the crumpled bedding and poured some into his hand as he knelt between John's legs. He generously coated his own swollen cock and aimed it for John's waiting ass. A sharp intake of breath was heard from John as Dave slowly and carefully entered him.

Deliberately teasing him, Dave moved with long, slow strokes, causing John to moan with pleasure each time Dave's cock came in contact with his prostate. John arched his back and grabbed at the sheets as Dave continued to move in and out of him, slowly, taking his time as his own pleasure built to its crest. It didn't take long before they were both moaning from the intense pleasure. Dave began to pick up the pace as he neared orgasm. He took John's cock into his hand and began pumping him to the rhythm of his own movements. His breathing became more and more erratic as he sank himself faster and harder until he finally came deep inside of John, filling him completely as he felt John's warm semen spill over his hand. Collapsing against his chest, Dave could feel John's arms holding him tightly as they lay together trying to catch their breaths.

Dave's rapid breathing had finally slowed down as he rolled himself off of John, spooning himself against him. Totally relaxed in each other's embrace, they drifted off into a deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was supposed to be John's day off. Dave was working and Eleanor had managed to talk John into coming in to help with Mickey's care. Outside of Mickey's room, John was sharing information with the Oncologist.

Eleanor noticed that the IV bag was empty.

"Sometimes it takes a little longer during shift change," Mickey said as he watched her checking out the empty bag.

"Shift change?" She asked.

"When one nurse goes home and another one comes on," he filled her in.

"Oh, right. I'll go get her," Eleanor smiled.

"His IV ran out and there's an alarm going off." Eleanor stopped to inform John and the Oncologist.

"It's only a pre-treatment solution, the nurse will change it when they move him." The other doctor said without concern, before walking away.

"Move him?" She turned and questioned John.

"To the treatment room," John sighed knowing that the news was not good.

"His cells are almost 100% leukemic, he needs a second chemo induction immediately." John added.

"And then a bone marrow transplant?" Eleanor stated more than asked.

"He's already failed one," John tried to explain. "Another one's only going to make him sicker and be a lot more dangerous." He was beginning to realize that he, too, was beginning to care a great deal for Mickey, but he knew that he was very sick and there was only so much that could be done for him.

"And chemotherapy alone is going to save him?" She questioned sarcastically. She could not help but hope that they could save this boy.

"Maybe," John paused." He's going to get a set of drugs that he didn't get before." John knew that it was a slim chance, but the only one that they had to offer. He was trying very hard to help his mother to accept the idea that there really wasn't a lot they could do. He knew that Mickey, like Bobby had known, understood.

"You decided to experiment on him?" Eleanor scoffed, a slight tone of anger in her voice. She could not help but think that after all these years they still could not help children like Mickey and her dear, sweet Bobby from having to suffer this way.

"I haven't decided anything," he claimed in his own defense. He knew that arguing about this was not going to help the situation so he held his tongue. "There's as much luck as science involved here. You look like you need a rest." He tried to pacify her as best he could.

"No, if you're going to pump that junk back into his veins I'm going to stay right here," she informed him as she went back in to sit with Mickey.

John's first reaction was one of anger. It was not his fault that Mickey was sick or that he couldn't do anything for him. His anger quickly turned to admiration as he watched his mother sit with Mickey and talking to him. She had said that she would stay. He smiled at the thought that at least Mickey had someone to hold his hand through his ordeal. John knew how Bobby had felt and that at least Bobby had known that he was not completely alone. Even when John was not there physically, Bobby had always known that John was always thinking of him.

John found out that Dr. Babcock had sent a student in to do the procedure on Mickey. This angered him since he had asked Dr. Babcock to do it personally.

"It's a teaching hospital," Dr. Babcock argued.

"I'd still prefer that you do it," John followed him towards Mickey's room.

"Uh hum... What's your mom doing in there, I thought that he was an orphan?" Dr. Babcock asked seeing her through the window.

"You should at least be supervising her," John said as he noticed the student in there alone.

"I can see her from here," he stated casually as he set his charts down and began going through them.

"John, something's wrong, he's coughing up blood." Eleanor called from the doorway. Both doctors turned quickly and followed her back into the room.

After briefly explaining what was happening, John stated, "Mom this is normal." The two doctors quickly checked the monitors and reviewed the charts as they decided what the next course of action would be.

"Please stop debating that and help him," Eleanor shouted. John waved her to hold on. They had to figure out what was right to do for him.

Mickey started to vomit blood again as Eleanor frantically begged John to help him. As she continued to watch Mickey in pain, she suddenly remembered Bobby's last days and how much pain he had been it. She picked up her coat and ran out of the room.

John made a few quick suggestions and then ran after her, catching up to her at the elevator.

"Mom! Mom! What are you doing?" He shouted after her.

"I can't... please take care of him," she cried, turning back towards John.

"No, the only reason I'm here is because you asked for my help," he reminded her. He had not wanted to have anything to do with this from the beginning.

"I can't see him in that kind of pain." She just could not do this.

"What did you expect? You can not get this kid's hopes up and then leave." He yelled at her as she got into the elevator. "You're really going to do this?" He snarled angrily. "You're going to drag me back here and then bail when it gets too tough?" He pulled open the closing door. "He does not think that he is going to have to go through this alone. Don't leave him." John demanded bitterly.

A woman stepped onto the elevator with Eleanor, thanking John for holding the door, leaving John standing alone as the door closed.

John was angry that his mother had bailed, but no way was he going to let this kid go though this alone, not after he had come this far, he just couldn't.

He sat with the boy all morning, playing cards, reading books, watching cartoons, and telling stories about his brother. He had even told Mickey his deepest secret and talked about Dave and Maura.

It was getting rather late in the afternoon when he finally had to leave. He told Mickey that he needed to go home for a while, but promised that he would come back and see him later.

~~~~~~~~

John had every intention on going home to spend some time with Maura, but by the time he got there he was both physically and emotionally exhausted.

"Hey, Sweetie, what'd you do today?" He asked Maura as he picked her up and collapsed on the couch with her.

"Kathryn took me to the park after school," she squealed as he hugged him around the neck. "And I got to go on the big slide," her eyes widened as she spoke.

"Wow, the 'big' slide? I bet that was fun," John covered his mouth to stifle a yawn.

"Man, I'm tired," John yawned again. He got up with Maura still clinging to him.

"I think I need a nap," he continued, finding it hard to stay awake. He leaned down to set Maura on the couch but she didn't want to let go of him.

"Come with me," Kathryn offered to help as she tried to pry Maura from him. "Your daddy needs to get some rest. We can go make some cookies." Kathryn bribed her.

John used the distraction to slip away but soon heard Maura having a fit. He felt bad knowing that all she wanted was to spend some time with him.

"I want to go with him," she begged, Kathryn was still holding tightly to her. She ran into his room and climbed upon the bed, lying down next to him before Kathryn could stop her.

"I'm sorry, John." Kathryn apologized for letting her get away.

"It's okay, she can stay." John gave in to her. Maura curled up close to him and soon they were both asleep.

After about two hours, his mother awakened John. He suddenly sat up to find her sitting on the edge of his bed.

"I'm sorry John, I didn't mean to startle you. I just came to tell you that I'm leaving." She casually informed him before she got up and left.

It took him a few minutes for the information to register as he wiped the sleep from his eyes. He rolled off the bed; feeling a bit chilled he put on a sweater and headed downstairs.

Not wanting to bother anyone, Eleanor had called for a cab to take her to the airport.

John was looking for his mother when Corrine told him that there was a cab waiting for her. He saw her suitcases piled by the front door but Eleanor was nowhere around. He wandered through the house until he saw her through the window. She was outside in the backyard.

"Your car's here." John announced, walking out to meet her.

"I managed to get a flight to Logan, but I'm on standby. Can you imagine?" She hesitated. "I'll call you from the gate. I'm sorry...John I really am."

She started to walk inside to leave.

"Kids, you know, they get over stuff." He nervously paced. "I bet if you went back, Mickey would forget about today as quickly as he could down a milkshake." John tried to get her to stay.

"No, you were right, I became too involved." She stated thinking that she was agreeing with him.

"I'm thinking I wasn't right." He confessed, knowing that Mickey needed her.

"See that tree?" She began to remember her two boys together. "You and your brother built a fort on that big limb and you played Tarzan."

"Bobby played Tarzan, I played Cheetah." He corrected, as his mother giggled. He hadn't thought about that for so many years, it amazed him that his mother would remember.

"You fell down and sprained your wrists and you never even thought about telling me that he pushed you." She smiled sweetly as she recalled how close her boys had been. Her voice clearly showed that she was getting emotional.

"You knew." He grinned in surprise.

"You two had your secrets. You stuck together and I saw no reason to pull you apart. I didn't spend much time thinking about how your brother's death had affected you. I didn't spend much time on anyone." She admitted sorrowfully.

"Do you have time now?" He didn't even try to hold back the tears that had begun to stream down his cheeks.

"I won't betray another little boy." She vowed.

"Betray?" He didn't understand what she meant.

"You don't want to give up hope. You can't. Hope is all either of you have." She spoke as if she was talking about him and Bobby. "Your brother believed me when I told him he'd get better. It didn't matter where he was, how he felt, or what the doctors said. I told him he'd get better. He died believing me."

John smiled and shook his head. "No, he was pretending for you. That was another one of our secrets. I was supposed to not let you be sad....... I was supposed to make you forget....... To make you happy........ He made me promise to make you happy. I'm sorry mom." He grabbed her and held her tight as he cried on her shoulder.

"I love you. Do you hear me? I love you." She held him as if she would never let him go."

"Mom?" He asked, still clinging to his mother as she clung back.

"Yes, Baby?" Eleanor said, trying to control herself.

"Don't leave. Bobby's gone but Mickey needs you. He trusts you and believes you. He needs you there." He begged. They pulled back from one another, still holding onto each other's arms, not wanting to break the contact. Eleanor looked deeply into her son's eyes.

"You're right." She said, smiling at the surprise in his expression. "Yes, John. I said you're right. Will you come back with me? I'm not sure I could do this without you."

For the first time in years, John felt proud. His mother needed him. "Sure, mom. I'll be there."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John ordered a couple of large pizzas for dinner while Eleanor made a garden salad. He wanted to be ready to sit down for dinner as soon as Dave arrived home. Kathryn and Maura were setting the table when Dave arrived.

"Daddy!" Maura beamed at the sight of him coming in the door. "Daddy John got pizza." She announced as he picked her up to give her a hug.

"Hey, Dave," John greeted him with a kiss and led him to the table. "I hope you're ready for dinner."

"Yeah, I'm starved." Dave said as they all joined around the dinner table.

"I have to go back to the hospital for a while." John explained. "I promised Mickey that I would visit him this evening."

"Are you going to be home to tell me a story?" Maura asked.

"Yes, Sweetie, I will. We won't be gone that long." John smiled at his mother. He was happy to hear that Eleanor agreed to cancel her flight and would stay for Mickey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the hospital, the Oncologist decided he needed to do a spinal tap. John held Mickey's head as his mother held his hand, neither one of them took their eyes off of each other.

Eleanor and John were getting ready to leave when he saw Susan still in the ER.

"What are you still doing here?" He stopped to ask her, noticing that the place was almost empty. "Where is everyone?"

"While you were off playing baby-sitter, everyone went home with food poisoning from eating some bad bagels." She yawned wearily. "I finally got Romano to agree to close to trauma. Luka was here but then he left right after Abby was treated for being beaten by her neighbor." She filled him in not realizing that he had no idea what had happened to Abby.

"What? Who hit Abby? Where is she?" He demanded frantically.

"I'm sorry Carter, I forgot that you wouldn't know. Her neighbor hit her after she got his wife to go to a shelter because she was being abused."

"Where is she now?" He pleaded as he fought to control his raging temper. Dropping his coat on the desk he pulled out his cell phone.

"I don't know. I invited her to stay at my place but she left without getting the key. I just hope that she didn't go back to her place." Susan sounded worried.

He was already on his cell phone waiting for Abby to answer. "Abby, it's John, if you're there, please pick up the phone." He paced wildly as he ran his hand through his hair. "Abby, please, pick up." He prayed that she would answer.

"John, we can go by her place and see if she is there." His mother suggested as she placed her hand on his cheek to try and calm him down. She knew that he was very close to Abby and cared for her deeply.

"Yeah, okay. Come on, let's go," he was on his way out the door, before she had a chance to put on her coat.

"Call me when you find her," Susan called after him.

"I'll see to it that he does," Eleanor reassured her as she turned to follow John.

"Hold on." Susan ran after Eleanor with John's coat that he had left behind.

On the way over to Abby's, John handed Eleanor his cell phone and asked her to continue trying to reach her.

Pulling up to her building, he didn't even bother to turn off the motor as he ordered his mother to lock the door and stay in the car.

He ran up the steps, ringing her number several times, knocking on the front door. He peered in the window, hoping that someone would come and let him in.

After several minutes passed, a middle-aged man approached the building and opened the lock. John quickly explained that he needed to check on his friend. He told the man that he was a doctor and had reason to believe she was hurt and may not have been able to answer the door. He took the flight of stairs two at a time as he ran to her apartment door. John knocked loudly and called out her name, repeatedly.

"John, she's on the phone." Eleanor called from the bottom of the stairs, waving the phone at him.

He flew down and took the phone from his mother. "Abby, where are you?" He frantically asked her.

"Calm down John, I'm at your place," she assured him.

"Oh thank God, you had me worried to death." He sighed heavily.

"Dave said you had to go back to the hospital so I should call you in case you heard about what had happened. But I'm here with Dave."

"Okay, I'm on my way home." He hung up the phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On their way back home, John told his mother all about Abby, about how she was a student when he was stabbed, about Abby's mother and about her sponsorship of him during his hardest times. Before they knew it, they were back at the mansion and John had talked non-stop about Abby. The second he had the jeep turned off he bolted into the house.

"Dave! Abby!" He yelled from the back door.

"John, calm down." Eleanor scolded her son. John bounded up the stairs two at a time where Dave met him at the top.

"Slow down there, Babe." Dave stopped John before he could go any further. "She's fine."

"Where is she, Dave? How bad is it?" John sounded to be in a total panic. Dave held him back.

"John, she looks worse than she is, okay? She's got a broken nose but it isn't displaced. There's a lot of swelling, but she's okay." Dave tried to explain as John managed to get by him. He sprinted into their living room.

"Abby?" He called, seeing the back of her head. She turned her head around quickly.

"John?" She said as the dizzy spell hit. She should not have turned so quickly. A wave of nausea flooded her body. "Oh, God." She moaned. John was on his knees in front of her as she sat on the couch.

"Oh, God, Abby. I'm so sorry." He gently touched the side of her face. Once the nausea subsided, Abby looked embarrassed.

"I'm fine, John. I just couldn't . . I didn't have . . Oh, God, John. I was so scared. I didn't know where else to go." She cried as he wrapped himself around her, holding her while the sobs overtook her body.

"Shh, Abby. You can stay here. It's okay, shhh." He held her tightly, feeling her whole body go limp in his arms. Dave stood at the doorway watching with Eleanor.

"They're very close, aren't they?" Eleanor watched with admiration of her son's commitment to his friend. She thought she had detected that there was so much more to John's and Abby's relationship and the feeling only strengthened watching her son. She glanced over at Dave, who seemed to understand what only John and Abby shared.

"Uh, yeah, they are." Dave cleared his throat, suddenly feeling like a Peeping Tom. "Would you like some coffee?" He suggested to Eleanor, thinking John and Abby just needed some private time alone.

"I'd like that, Dave." Eleanor hooked her arm in Dave's and the two of them went to the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hours later, John finally came into the bedroom where Dave lay in bed, watching some old sitcom.

"She all tucked in?" He asked. John nodded and ran his weary hands through his hair.

"She's in the room next to Maura. You don't mind if she stays a few days, do you? At least until they get Brian?" John sat on the edge of the bed, next to Dave.

"She's going to be all right, right?" Dave asked, he had actually been shocked when Abby stood at the door, bruised and swollen, looking like a lost child. After he discovered she'd been beaten, he had trouble controlling his anger. How any man could hit a woman was beyond him.

"Yeah, she will be. I'm going to take a shower." John said, resigning himself to total emotional exhaustion. It had been a very tough day.

"Want me to join you?" Dave asked, a smirk behind his eyes. John smiled.

"No, that's okay but you can warm up my side of the bed if you want." He gave Dave a kiss on his forehead before going to the bathroom.

"That I can do." Dave smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

John sat at the table in the lounge, buried in a pile of charts. His job as Chief Resident was very demanding. One of it's many responsibilities being to review charts belonging to med. students. It had been a long and busy day and he still had about an hour of his shift left. With his head resting on a stack of papers, he had fallen asleep.

"Carter, wake up." Luka placed his hand on John's shoulder and shook him gently. "Car--ter."

John sat up suddenly, startled from his sleep. His sudden movements knocked over a stack of charts, which Luka quickly caught before they landed on the floor.

"You can go home now, Carter." Luka watched as the younger man rubbed the sleep from his eyes. He poured a cup of coffee and handed it to John.

"Here, you had better drink this. I wouldn't want you to get into an accident on the way home because you fell asleep at the wheel."

"Thanks." John replied in a deep voice as he accepted the coffee. "Luka, do you have a minute?" John gulped the coffee as he cleared his throat to speak. "I know that you're going to say this is really none of my business, but if you really love Abby, you should tell her."

"Carter, it's over between us." Luka had accepted the fact that Abby did not love him.

"I usually don't make a habit of getting involved in other peoples business, but I care a lot about Abby. I just want to see her happy."

"Well, I certainly never made her happy," Luka reluctantly admitted. "Besides, I happen to know that she wants to be with you."

"Yeah, well that's not going to happen." John drank deeply of the hot liquid. "And you don't even know how wrong you are." He laughed.

"I don't understand you. I mean, I thought that you loved her and now you don't want to be with her?"

"I do love her and yes, I do want to be with her, I want to be with her all the time, but not like that. I mean..... It's complicated." He paused momentarily. "Luka, Abby is the best friend that I have ever had." John just wasn't sure if he was ready to tell Luka the entire truth. "Besides, I'm involved with someone else."

"You can't mean Susan?" Luka snickered, then looked puzzled at John.

"No, no, it's not Susan. Luka, I just can't and Abby understands why. I just can't explain it to you." He swallowed the last of his coffee and went to his locker.

"And why is that?" Luka stared intently, he watched John run his hands nervously through his hair. "Come on, I know that we have not been the greatest of friends, but you can talk to me, John." Luka encouraged him.

John laughed nervously as he put on his coat. "Maybe another time, Luka. Right now, there is a bed with my name on it. See you tomorrow." John winked as he left the lounge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Daddy John! Daddy John! Daddy John!" Maura yelled as she bounded onto the bed, making a direct score with John's bladder.

"Uh, Maura!" he yelped, curling up into a ball. Maura didn't notice his harsh tone. She was too excited.

"Here, Daddy John! I made this for you! It's a Balantine Card!" She shoved a red construction paper card in his face. John rubbed the sleep out of his eyes as his heart melted to this adorable child sitting on his hip.

"That's Val..en..tine..." John corrected her, accentuating the V. "Let me see." He looked closely at the card. "Did you write this all by yourself?" He asked, pointing to the backwards letters and the misspelled words. It was the feeling he saw clearly and he refused to let his mind play games with him today. He'd moved past that horrible day not that long ago. Here he was with a wonderful partner and a beautiful little girl who called him 'Daddy John'. Life couldn't get any better.

"Maura, I told you not to wake him!" Dave scolded, coming into the bedroom carrying a breakfast tray. John laughed at his apron.

"Betty Crocker you ain't." John scoffed as Dave sat the tray down.

"Watch it, Buddy or I'll just take these homemade waffles back downstairs and feed them to the dog!" Dave teased, giving John a good morning kiss.

"We got a doggy?" Maura asked, excited. Dave quickly realized his bad choice of words.

"No, Honey. I was just teasing. Why don't you go get your pretty dress on and we'll see if we can get Daddy John here out of bed so we can go on that walk I promised you, okay?" Dave urged. Maura hopped off the bed and ran out of the room. John was trying to crawl out of bed but Dave stopped him. "And where do you think you're going?" He asked. John pushed by him.

"Gotta pee. Besides, I just got a knee in the bladder and another one in the crotch and it hurt." John laughed as he stumbled to the bathroom. He wasn't the most graceful person in the morning. Dave followed.

As soon as John finished, Dave snuggled up behind him, wrapping his arms around John's waist.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Babe." He whispered into John's ear, nibbling at it. John relaxed his head back as he brought Dave's hands to his groin.

"Happy Valentine's Day to you, too." John purred back as Dave began to stroke him. Dave couldn't help but to chuckle.

"Mhhh, no wonder you were in pain, Baby. You're as hard as an oak." Dave slipped his hand inside the front of John's boxers.

"I've been dreaming about you." John smiled over Dave's hands touching him with such familiarity.

"Think if I lock the bathroom door, anyone will notice?" Dave began kissing John's back, making goose bumps breaking out all down John's arms.

"Just don't stop." John reached behind him and found Dave's much too tight jeans. Dave reached over with one hand while keeping the other in direct contact, and he locked the door and swung it shut with his foot. John managed to turn himself around in Dave's arms.

"Now, this is the way a holiday should be spent." John smiled, leaning in and meeting Dave's hungry mouth.