Kiss And Make Up by Ceindreadh
Summary: Response to a challenge to write a Christmas Slash Story involving couples you might not think of as being sex partners.
Categories: Challenges Characters: Dave Malucci, Peter Benton
Genres: General
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1364 Read: 6116 Published: August 28, 2004 Updated: August 28, 2004

1. Chapter One by Ceindreadh

Chapter One by Ceindreadh
Dave picked up the phone and dialed his mother's number for his weekly phone call.

"Hi Ma," he said when she answered. "Merry Christmas."

"It's not Christmas until tomorrow," replied Elena.

"Yeah, but I'm working the early shift, didn't know when I'd get a chance to say hi."

"I hope you won't be too tired; getting up early after going to midnight mass...you are going to midnight mass, aren't you?"

Oh crap, thought Dave. He had totally forgotten about midnight mass. "Um, yeah, sure," he said unenthusiastically.

"Dave," said Elena in a warning tone.

"Okay, okay, I'll go, I promise," said Dave, rolling his eyes.

"Good," said Elena. Thinking for a moment, she asked, "And have you made your peace with your boss?"

"Huh?" said Dave, puzzled.

"You know, that doctor that you got into the fist fight with; Benson or Benton or something like that."

"Benton," said Dave, automatically. Inwardly he groaned. He had been talking to his mother a few days after the fight. She had asked him why he sounded so down, and like an idiot he had told her...everything; from calling the kid a gangbanger to his attempts at apologizing. Instead of sympathizing with him, she had told him to apologize again...and properly. He had done his best to avoid the topic with her again.

"No," said Dave, "I didn't get a chance to," he lied.

"You can't have a proper Christmas if you're angry with someone," said Elena. "The next time you see him, I want you to apologize to him, right away."

"But Ma," said Dave, trying to protest.

"No buts, David Antonio Malucci, you apologize to this Doctor Benton."

Dave sighed and said, "Okay, okay, I will."



Christmas day, and Dave's shift was nearly over. Yawning, he made his way to Radiology to pick up some x-rays. Seeing Benton head in the door before him, he nearly decided to wait until the guy was finished, but his mother's words were ringing in his ears. Sighing, he decided to get it over with. After all, he thought to himself, what's the worst he could do, punch me again?

Peter was busy staring at a film on the light board when he heard someone come in. He didn't move until he heard the door being closed and locked. Surprised, he turned around and came face to face with Dave. "Malucci," he said frowning, "What the hell are you doing?"

Dave slid the key in his pocket. It had occurred to him that if Benton might start throwing punches again. This time he wasn't just going to defend himself, and he had no intention of being interrupted. "I have something to say to you Dr Benton," he said.

"Yeah? Well I've got nothing to say to you, Malucci," said Peter frowning. "Unlock the door."

"No," said Dave stubbornly. "Look, last month when your nephew came in, I said some pretty crappy things in front of you and I.."

"I don't want to talk about it," said Peter, trying to push past Dave.

Dave grabbed him by the arm and said, "Yeah? Well neither do I, but I don't want this hanging over me."

"Don't touch me," snapped Peter, shaking off Dave's arm. "Get out of my way." Dave didn't move, so Peter grabbed him and tried to force him out of the way. Dave refused to budge. The two struggled for a few minutes before Dave managed to slam Peter up against the wall.

"I - am - trying - to - apologize," said Dave, breathing heavily as he pinned Peter to the wall.

Peter struggled against Dave for a few more minutes before suddenly catching the look on his face, which was only a few inches away. He could feel Dave's hot breath on his cheek as his body pressed close to him. He could also feel his own stirring excitement at the younger mans proximity to him. Looking Dave in the eyes, he held his breath wondering what was going to happen next.

Dave too was wondering what was going to happen. Benton wasn't the first man he had felt such desire for, but he was certainly the most unexpected. He could tell from the increasing swelling in Peter's pants that he too felt some form of attraction. Not wanting to pass up an opportunity, he leaned forward - slowly enough that Peter could pull away if he wanted to - and brushed his lips against his cheek.

Peter's eyes widened at the touch, but he didn't pull away. Hell, even if he had wanted to, Dave was still holding him against the wall. As if the same thought had occurred to Dave, he abruptly let go of Peter, and took a step backwards.

"Shit, I'm sorry man," said Dave, a look of apprehension on his face.

"You shouldn't have done that," said Peter quietly. "You should have done this." As he spoke, he put his hands either side of Dave's face and kissed him soundly on the lips. Dave's eyes widened as Peter sent his tongue probing into Dave's mouth. Dave was gasping for breath when Peter finally let him go.

"Oh man," said Dave. "Where did you learn to kiss like that?"

Peter shrugged, "Here and there." Even as he spoke his hands were reaching for Dave's scrub top. It soon landed on the floor, followed by Dave's t-shirt. Peter groaned as he saw the vest underneath. "God Malucci, did you have to wear so many layers."

Dave didn't answer, as he was too busy fumbling at Peter's pants. Pulling them down, he sank to his knees in front of Peter and started gently caressing his cock.

"Oh god," moaned Peter as Dave stroked him with a delicate touch. He held onto Dave's shoulders for support, as he felt a condom being unrolled over his cock. Then there was the unmistakable sensation of a pair of lips surrounding his member.

Dave took as much of Peter's length into his mouth as he could. With his free hand, he caressed Peter's ass, causing Peter to moan even more. All too quickly, he sensed rather than felt Peter nearing his orgasm.

As Peter came, he clutched Dave's shoulders tightly. Gasping for breath, he let Dave stand. "God, that was..." he couldn't think of words enough to describe it.

Dave stood up slowly and gently stroked Peter's face. "There's more if you want it?" he said softly.

Peter was about to reply when he heard someone trying the door. "Later?" he asked, hesitantly.

"Later," said Dave, kissing Peter quickly before pulling his clothes back on.

"Later?"

Dave nodded as he grabbed the key out of his pocket. Peter quickly moved to the light board as Dave moved over to the door and unlocked it. Mark Greene was standing outside. "What happened? Did you guys get locked in or something?"

"Don't know what you're talking about Dr Greene," said Dave with a smile. "Maybe you just turned the knob the wrong way. Catch you later Dr Pete," he called.

"Shut up Malucci," said Peter automatically.

Mark looked around puzzled as Dave left the room. Something was definitely going on, but at least there was no signs of fighting.



"Hi Ma," said Dave that evening. "Did you have a nice Christmas?"

"Yes I did, David. And thank you for the hat and scarf set. They're just what I need this winter."

"Glad you liked them."

"So, did you sort things out with your Dr Benton?"

Dave looked beside him to where Peter was curled up asleep on the bed. "Yeah, I guess you could say that," he said, smiling as he gently stroked the back of Peter's neck. "We sorted things out."

"That's good. Merry Christmas Dave."

"Merry Christmas Ma," said Dave. Hanging up the phone, he curled up with his arms around Peter. "Merry Christmas Dr Pete," he said softly.



The end
This story archived at http://errealmofslash.com/viewstory.php?sid=564