Waiting For A Valentine by Ceindreadh
Summary: This is a follow up to my 'Waiting' series. Previous installments include, "Waiting", 'Rendezvous in Radiology' and 'Waiting for Christmas'
Categories: Regular Characters: Dave Malucci, John Carter, Luka Kovac
Genres: General
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Waiting
Chapters: 2 Completed: Yes Word count: 3696 Read: 27231 Published: August 28, 2004 Updated: August 28, 2004

1. Chapter One by Ceindreadh

2. Chapter Two by Ceindreadh

Chapter One by Ceindreadh
"Have you seen next month's shift rosters?" asked Dave as he idly stroked Luka's naked thigh.

"Mmm?" said Luka, who was stretched out on the bed beside Dave.

"February's rosters," said Dave. He propped himself upon one elbow and moved his caresses to Luka's chest. "Has the Chief finalized them yet?"

"Mmm," said Luka tiredly. It had been a long and exhausting day, and all he wanted to do was sleep. Of course the fact that he and Dave had been screwing each other's brains out since dinnertime had probably contributed to his exhaustion. "It's not February...we don't need to know what shift's we're working yet." He yelped slightly as Dave tweaked his nipple.

"Just wanted to make sure you're paying attention," grinned Dave. "Here, I'll kiss it better." He bent his head to Luka's chest.

Luka groaned as Dave's lips fastened on his nipple. He groaned even louder when Dave took his mouth away. "If you are intending to drive me wild with desire, you are succeeding," growled Luka with a gesture to his cock which was showing signs of interest. "What is so important about next month's rosters?"

Dave shrugged. "I thought is might be nice to do something special...you know, for our first Valentine's day together. I wanted to make it memorable."

"Well, you are working the early shift on the 14th and I am working the late shift," said Luka. Sighing he continued, "In any case, I think last year was memorable enough for everyone."

They lay there in silence, each lost in their own memories of last February.

Finally Luka spoke. "It has been almost a year...but I can still see their faces...as they lay on the tables. Looking up at us...trusting us...I did my best...."

"We all did our best," said Dave, pulling Luka into his arms. "We worked as hard as we could...and we did save Carter...you have to remember that," he reminded Luka gently.

"But we couldn't save Lucy," said Luka, sadly. "And Carter...sometimes I wonder if he regrets that we tried so hard to save him...I have seen him in the ER...he looks like a lost soul...and has done for months. I wish that there was something more that I could have done to help him."

"You did all you could and more," said Dave, firmly. "A lot of Carter's problems are his own doing. But what he needs now is a woman."

Luka looked at Dave in surprise, "Do you think that sex is the answer to everyone's problems?"

"I wasn't talking about sex," said Dave, indignantly. "Okay, I was...but Carter needs more than that...he really needs a friend...but preferably one he can score with as well. The guy's lonely. From what I've heard, he hasn't had a decent relationship since long before he got stabbed."

"And what do you suggest we do about it?"

"Well, I know a lot of single women," said Dave.

"I'll bet," muttered Luka under his breath.

"Quiet you," replied Dave. "Anyway, I'm sure if we invited a bunch of them over here and invited Carter as well, he'd be bound to get lucky with one of them."

"You are suggesting we 'pimp' for Carter?"

"No...I prefer to call it 'matchmaking'. If he hits it off, well and good, if not, then no harm, no foul. At the very least, we'll get him out of his house for a fun evening. What d'you think?"

"I think it is an interesting idea," said Luka, mulling it over in his mind. "And if I may make a suggestion?"

"Fire ahead."

"Perhaps you should arrange your little 'matchmaking' session for the evening of the 14th February."

Dave looked at him in surprise. "But then you wouldn't be able to join us," he said.

"I think that Carter would be more relaxed if I - his superior at work - were not there. Besides, it would be a good distraction for him, no? Kerry was trying to decide whether it would be best to let him work a normal shift that day, or whether to let him take a day off."

"She should make him work. It'll do him no good to be stuck at home brooding."

"That is what I told her," said Luka. "This way, he will be working a shift in the morning, and then will spend the evening with you and your friends. He will not have time to brood on the events of a year ago."

"Well that's settled then," said Dave, rolling over on top of Luka. Luka grunted at the sudden weight on top of him.

"Be gentle with me," he said smiling.

"I'm gentle as a kitten," said Dave, kissing him softly on the lips. Luka found that he wasn't as tired out as he had thought, and they both went to sleep with smiles on their faces.



"I don't know, Dave," said John, hesitantly when Dave issued the invitation. "I was just going to take it easy that night."

"You mean you don't have anything planned?" said Dave, "Great, then you won't have to cancel anything. That's settled then. My place at seven. It'll be fun."

John stared open-mouthed as Dave walked away. He really didn't want to have to meet people on that night of all nights. Oh well, he thought, I can always make an excuse and cancel before then.

John never did get round to making that excuse and so he turned up at Dave and Luka's apartment at seven sharp on the 14th February.



Luka looked at his watch. Nine o'clock. If Dave's plan had worked then Carter should be in the middle of being entertained by Dave's friends. In spite of all his efforts, Dave had only been able to find two single women who were free that night.

"Penny for them?" said Kerry, who had come up behind Luka without him noticing.

"What? Oh, I was just wondering how Dave's 'dinner party' was going." In order to make sure that Kerry didn't make any last minute changes to the schedules, Luka had confided in her about their plans for Carter. She had been most approving.

"So, who did he end up inviting?" she asked, smiling.

"His neighbor, Clare," replied Luka, "And that blonde radiology technician, um, Anya."

"Hmm, well Carter was always into blondes...at least since I've known him."

"That will probably give her an advantage over Clare. She's a redhead," explained Luka. "But I think Dave is betting on Clare."

"Well, let me know how it works out," said Kerry.



A few hours later, Luka unlocked the door to the apartment. Dave was sprawled on the couch, reading a magazine. He looked up as Luka came in.

"How did it go?" asked Luka, as he took his coat off.

Dave rolled his eyes in disgust. "Oh the dinner went well enough, and afterwards, everyone was pretty happy. I think I've managed to set up a beautiful relationship."

"Well, don't keep me in suspense, was it Anya or Clare?"

"Both," replied Dave.

Luka's jaw dropped. "Carter got lucky with both of them?"

"Nuh-uh," Dave shook his head. "They got lucky with each other. When last seen they were heading back to Clare's place, and I don't think it was to look at her etchings."

"Anya and Clare?" said Luka. "I don't believe it." He shook his head in amazement. "Well, at least you got one happy couple out of the evening. I just wish that Carter had been part of it. Still, at least you kept him distracted for the evening. Kerry will be pleased..." Luka's voice trailed off, as he saw Dave trying to make 'shushing' motions.

Luka turned to see what Dave was looking at and groaned inwardly when he saw John standing in the hallway. From the stony expression on his face, it was obvious that he had overheard their conversation.

"This was all just a set-up, wasn't it?" John said quietly. "Poor Carter, hasn't been the same since last February...can't get a girl...let's try and fix him up with one of Malucci's friends, shall we?"

"Yes," said Dave. "No," said Luka, simultaneously, glaring at Dave. "It wasn't like that..." he paused. "Okay, maybe it was a little like that."

Dave interrupted. "Look, we knew that tonight might be difficult for you, so we figured we'd provide a distraction...and yes, we thought that you might hit it off with one of my friends. Would that have been so bad? Well, assuming they hadn't been more interested in each other."

"I think I'd better leave now," said John, quietly, as he turned towards the door.

"Oh, don't go off in a huff like that," said Dave, standing up and grabbing John by the arm. "Look, I'm sorry it didn't work out with you and either of the girls. I'm sorry if you didn't enjoy the evening, but at least stay for a little longer, okay?"

"I didn't say I hadn't enjoyed the evening," sighed John, as he allowed Dave to lead him back to the couch. "It was fun...especially the look on your face when you realized that Clare and Anya were interested in each other."

Dave sat down beside John, still holding his arm. Luka sat on John's other side.

"All we wanted was to try and cheer you up a bit," said Dave. "You've been so...so lonely looking these last few months. We only wanted to help."

"I...I have been lonely," said John, quietly. "I...I've felt so alone...ever since...ever since Lucy died..."

Luka put his hand on John's clenched fists. "Tonight you are not alone," he said. John looked at him in surprise, and then at Dave.

Dave, guessing what Luka was implying, nodded his agreement. "If you want it...you don't have to be alone tonight," he said softly. Leaning in, he kissed John delicately on the cheek.

"I don't want to be alone," said John, almost in a whisper. "Not tonight..."

Luka and Dave hugged John between them. They stayed caught up in the embrace for several minutes, before Dave broke away. "So, are we gonna stay here all night, or will we go somewhere more comfortable?"

John hesitated, unsure of whether he was ready for what Dave and Luka were offering. Luka noticed his hesitation. "I promise you, that we will not force you into anything that you do not wish to do," he said. Standing up, he held out his hand to John. "Do you trust us?"

John eyed the outstretched hand for a moment, before grasping it and letting Luka pull him to his feet. "I trust you," he said, simply.



continued
Chapter Two by Ceindreadh
Luka and Dave led John to the bedroom. "Give me one minute," said Dave, when they reached the door. Leaving the other two outside, he quickly cleared away a pile of clothes that he had left on the bed, intending to sort them when he had time. Pulling back the covers on the bed, he breathed a sigh of relief that the sheets had been changed only the day before. Casting a quick eye around the room, he threw a few bits and pieces into various closets, before dimming the lights and opening the door.

"Okay guys, you can come in now," he said, grinning.

John hesitated only momentarily as Dave and Luka guided him into the room. Sitting him down on the bed, Luka started to unbutton John's shirt, while Dave unlaced his shoes.

"I think you should know something, guys," said John, hesitantly as Luka slipped a hand under his vest and started caressing his nipple. "I - ah," he gasped, "I've never - ah - done this before...you know...with two guys...not even with one guy..."

"No sweat, Carter," said Dave, grinning as he removed John's shoes and socks. "This is my first time in a threesome as well. Don't worry, we'll figure out what goes where...eventually."

"Mmmm," agreed Luka, as he bent pushed John back onto the bed and started sucking at his nipples. "It might take a lot of practice...but I'm sure we'll get the hang of it..."

John's only reply was a moan of delight as Dave started kissing and caressing his feet.

A few minutes later, all three men were naked on the bed. Luka sat at the head of the bed, with his arms around John. "Don't be scared," he said, reassuringly, feeling John's tension as Dave gently caressed his cock.

"I...I'm not scared," said John, hesitantly, and then gasped as Dave's lips closed over the head of his cock.

"Liar," said Dave.

"Don't talk with your mouth full," said Luka, grinning as he gently teased John's nipples. Whispering in John's ear, he said, "Bet you never thought Malucci's big mouth would come in so useful?"

John was torn between laughing at the interplay between Dave and Luka, and crying out in delight, as Dave took more of him into his mouth. He settled for moaning softly and clutching the sheets beneath him. It wasn't the first time he'd been given a blowjob, but Dave seemed to be a lot better at it than the few of John's girlfriends who had being willing to try it. Maybe, John mused, that was because Dave seemed to be actually enjoying it, whereas Roxanne had seemed to view it as a necessary chore to be done in order to get him to perform oral sex on her. John's musings were cut off by his approaching orgasm and for a few minutes the only the only thing he was thinking was 'oh God...yes yes yes..."

Luka carefully lowered John to the bed, and pushed his hair back out of his face. Bending down, he kissed John full on the lips, sending his tongue on an exploratory journey. Dave meanwhile was sucking on John's nipples. The combined effect of both these gentle assaults on his body was having the expected effect on John's cock, which seemed to have a mind of it own, and was deciding that its fun for the evening wasn't over.

Luka sat up on the bed, and said softly, "John, are you ready to go further? I promise that we will stop at any time if you wish it."

"I'm ready," replied John. At this stage he would have agreed to walk naked through the ER if Dave or Luka had asked him to. Fortunately all Luka asked him to do was hold still while rolled a condom down John's cock. After carefully applying lubricant, Luka straddled John's body. John's eyes, which had been closed during the kiss, flew wide open as he realized what was coming next. A part of his mind told him - this can't be happening, you can't really be about to screw Dr Kovac...maybe you're dreaming and you've intercepted a dream meant for Dave. Another part of his mind was saying - man, the nurses are going to be jealous as hell if they ever find out about this.

As Luka slowly lowered himself onto John's waiting erection, Dave sat back and watched, occasionally playing with John's nipples as he did so. A small surge of jealousy swept over him as he saw the expression of bliss on Luka's face. But then he saw the transfixed expression on John's face. Dave couldn't remember the last time he had seen Carter smile. A part of him felt sorry that this was going to be a one-time event, at least as far as Carter was concerned. Another part of him was glad that he wasn't going to have to share Luka with anyone else. Luka noticed the expression on Dave's face. He mouthed the words, "I love you" to him. Dave smiled back at Luka, before bending down to take his turn at kissing Carter.

All too soon, to John's mind anyway, he had his second orgasm of the night. He lay there limply, as Luka rolled off him and slumped into Dave's arms. "You don't have any stamina," teased Dave. "It must be old age creeping up on you."

"Old age, hah," snorted Luka, "I'm still as fit as I was twenty years ago."

"Sure you are," laughed Dave, "But I think it's my turn now to play with our guest."

"Think he's ready to meet 'Dave junior'?" asked Luka with a smile.

"We're soon gonna find out," said Dave, kissing Luka.

John watched their interplay with a touch of envy. He couldn't remember ever being on such terms of easy intimacy with any of his partners. Maybe that was part of his problem with relationships he mused. Sighing, he wondered if he would ever be a part of a couple again.

Dave heard his sigh. "Look's like we're neglecting our guest," he said with a grin.

In a more serious tone, he continued, "Carter, are you ready to try something you've never done before?"

"You mean...anally?" asked John, with a mixture of anxiety and anticipation.

Dave nodded. "Only if you want to," he said, reassuringly. "And I promise I'll stop if it hurts too much, okay?"

John nodded, unwilling to trust his voice. He knew that it was perfectly possible for a guy's cock to fit into another guys ass...what was it one of his med school lecturers had said once, 'Never underestimate the elasticity of the anal sphincter'. Well, he was about to find out just how elastic his was.

Dave and Luka gently rolled John over and placed a pillow under his hips to raise his ass in the air. John could feel their gentle caresses all over his butt cheeks. He sucked in his breath slightly at the cool sensation of the lubricant being smoothed into his ass. John tried to relax his muscles as he felt a finger probing him. Gasping, he felt the finger slip further into his ass. John let out an involuntary moan as the finger was pulled out almost all the way, before being pushed back in again. Turning his head, he tried to see which of his friends had made him feel that wonderful sensation, but was unable to look back far enough.

Luka glanced quickly at John, worried that the moan was a sign of pain, but the expression on his face told him otherwise. Reassured, he continued to pump his fingers in and out of John's ass. After a few minutes of this, John started moving his hips involuntarily in an effort to force Luka's fingers deeper and deeper. Luka noticed this and nodded to Dave, who quickly smoothed a condom over his erect cock.

Kneeling in position, Dave waited until Luka had withdrawn his fingers, and then slowly inserted his cock into John's ass.

The awareness that this was no longer someone's fingers took a few seconds to seep through John's consciousness, and by then it was inside him. John cried out in delight as he felt the cock thrust in and out of his body. He could feel a pair of hands caressing his cock in time to the thrusts. To his surprise, he felt himself growing harder and harder. It had been a long time since he had managed three times a night...hell it had been a long time since he had wanted to managed three times a night. Thoughts of how long it had been since he had done it even once a night were soon swept away as the strong hands massaged their way to John's third orgasm. He could feel the thrust continue for a few seconds before there was an inarticulate moan and someone collapsed across his back.

Dave lay there for a few minutes before rolling off John and disposing of the condom. Luka carefully turned John over in the bed and cuddled in beside him. Pulling the covers over them, Dave snuggled in on the other side. Simultaneously they kissed John on the cheeks. "Thank you," said John simply, knowing that it seemed inadequate after all that they had done for him.

"Shhh, rest now," said Luka, softly stroking John's chest.

John sighed with contentment. It wasn't just that he had just had one of the most enjoyable sexual encounters in his life; it was knowing that Dave and Luka had thought enough of him to invite him to join their little world, even if it was just for one night. John knew that it could be nothing more than that, and in truth he didn't want it to be more. But tonight, of all nights, he was glad that he wasn't sleeping alone.

"Good night Dave, Luka," he said softly.

"Good night, John," said Luka. "Good night Dave."

"Good night, John-boy," said Dave, with an evil grin.

Luka rolled his eyes. "If he gives you any trouble, just push him out of the bed," he told Carter. "And if he kicks, then just kick him back."

"I do not kick," said Dave, with mock indignation. "I just get a little carried away by my dreams."

"Oh and if you snore then you're out of here, okay?" said Luka, grinning.

"Okay," said John tiredly, as he felt Dave and Luka put their arms around him. "Thanks guys," he said again, before falling asleep.

The End
This story archived at http://errealmofslash.com/viewstory.php?sid=556